Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Re: Passive Members

Sorry, Supervisor behaviour.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:25 PM

I would have thought if they wanted to join then they would do so to join in
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:48 PM

People aren't obliged to post! It's nice if they do but if they don't want to, that's their choice!
The rest of us.. well, we are just addicted and can't resist!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
People aren't obliged to post! It's nice if they do but if they don't want to, that's their choice!
The rest of us.. well, we are just addicted and can't resist!!
Not being a member on this forum for very long Artangel, I wasn't quite sure about you on this one.
Thank you for putting me right!

As for Passive.
I thought I would look up EXACTLY what it meant to be sure I knew what I wuzz talkin' about:

adjective
not reacting visibly to something that might be expected to produce manifestations of an emotion or feeling.
not participating readily or actively; inactive:
a passive member of a committee.
not involving visible reaction or active participation:
to play a passive role.
inert or quiescent.

Come on passive members, you don't really want to be like that.
Do you?
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 01:59 AM

It can be like standing among a group of people that you don't really know and they don't know you. if they're polite, they at least give you a greeting but after that, many attempts to join a conversation are "unheard' by the group and the conversation goes on as if you hadn't spoken. No one is purposely excluding you, it's more like they have little interest in what you have to say because they place little value on your input.

Some folks will push to be included and others, not finding it worth the effort will, not necessarily leave, but just drift along hoping that someday they can manage to say something that is of enough interest for a couple of folks to respond.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 05:40 AM

I'm not here as much as most of you as I work nights and don't get much time during the day, but I wouldn't call myself a 'passive' poster. More of a pass-ing one.
Some of you seem to spend every minute of your day on here, which is more than most teenagers spend nattering on FB. Strange.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 06:58 AM

Well I like holding hands, cuddling and will kiss using tongues on a first date.....

Sorry I misread the the title, i thought it said passionate posters
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 07:25 AM

We all have different lives and are on here for different reasons. I don't think any of us have a right to criticize others on how often or infrequently they post... it is their choice.

Those, who post a lot, get to know each other better and sometimes find good friends. For those who don't post, you are welcome to read the rubbish we write but, if you are just too shy to post, give it a try because you may like it and find that you also become a regular poster.

I think I know most of the people who post on here, and I must enjoy your company, because none of you are on my hit list.....YET
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
It can be like standing among a group of people that you don't really know and they don't know you. if they're polite, they at least give you a greeting but after that, many attempts to join a conversation are "unheard' by the group and the conversation goes on as if you hadn't spoken. No one is purposely excluding you, it's more like they have little interest in what you have to say because they place little value on your input.

Some folks will push to be included and others, not finding it worth the effort will, not necessarily leave, but just drift along hoping that someday they can manage to say something that is of enough interest for a couple of folks to respond.
Good point !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:03 AM

I log in most days - just to see what's going on. If it is wall to wall politics and/or brexit, then I do not stay. While I appreciate the importance of such subjects the threads do tend to become rather heated and I have no wish to send my blood pressure into orbit over something I can do nothing about.

Sometimes I read through a really interesting thread, formatting a witty riposte in my mind - only to find that someone else has made it first and better - so I will probably not add anything to it even though I have enjoyed the read.

There are so many articulate and knowledgable posters in here that I learn a lot just by reading their posts.

We seem to be blessed with some very talented photographers in here and I love looking at their work. Nom's and Graham's amazing nature studies, and Mister-Oy's lovely scenery are all heart lifting - but I do not always comment because, once again, others have already said it all. This is where a 'like' button would be most useful.

This week I have been a 'hoverer' because I have not been very well. It has been good to just look in and see that everyone is still around but just not felt up to much constructive comment.

So you see, Spitfire, there are many ways/reasons for apparent passiveness.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top