Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 02:22 AM

What I can't understand is

Mr Oy has posted a really good thread / photos about Three Sisters drifting.Go try panning on a race track, which is not an easy skill and see what you can do. Before I replied, he has had 60 views, but no response.
Yet, Realspeed posted a blurred photo of a flower and had 9 replies. Doesn't make sense to me- nothing personal Bazza.
Even Fogey hasn't posted some of his really lovely shots - why is that? I could tell, but I wont.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 02:45 AM

Re: What I can't understand is

I completely missed it, as I generally just look at the new post listings. Some threads sadly get pushed off the front page, and well, some days I'm too dang lazy to turn the page!

Off now to have a gander....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:18 AM

Hi

I must hold my hand up to that and apologies.

There are some very talented people on here, not just photographers, but artists, sculptors and craft people, all of which I am useless at.

I tend to view and not comment, it is certainly not personal in any way.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 05:23 AM

I do usually comment on Mr Oys work but cars are not my thing, ive never seen realspeed post pictures i must have missed that.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:12 PM

My opinion for what it's worth is that some people only follow certain threads,I have recently added a photo that I thought was good but only one comment. Things changed when it became a rule that photos straight from the camera were the only ones allowed in the competition, my view on that is that it is a load of rubbish, no photographer would allow his photos to be seen until he had properly sorted them to his or her satisfaction. I have never entered since then, and in fact have taken very little interest in the site. I am at the stage where I am no longer as keen to log on here as I used to be, so having said that I think I will get my coat. When I first joined here I was warmly welcomed but have noticed a huge difference lately.

Jim.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:16 PM

I always view Mr Oys threads but quite often don't know what to say apart from great shots etc. That's because I don't understand enough to comment up to Mr Oy's level. The technical side of it leaves me baffled.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:26 PM

I know that personally, I've no interest in editing photos to make them look better
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:40 PM

Its called subjectivity Steve, we all like some things not others. I feel the subject of racing vehicles will not appeal to members as much as flowers or landscapes, it does to you and does not to me. Just my 10 penneth.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 03:45 PM

I find that if a thread is red hot with a lot of arguing going on, that is the thread that gets the most attention .

Forum people like a good scuffle.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I know that personally, I've no interest in editing photos to make them look better
And your point is, are you aiming this at me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top