Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:51 PM

The perfect flower ??????

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:09 PM

Re: The perfect flower ??????

Wow. Beautiful Realspeed!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Wow. Beautiful Realspeed!
Couldn’t have found better words.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:42 PM

Gorgeous and perfect.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:51 PM

Again using the Nikon D810 but this time the Nikon 50mm f14G lens. With this, what is called a "prime" lens, means it only has a fixed focal distance. This does not stop one taken photos at almost any distance within reason.

Prime lenses are supposed to produce a sharper picture as there are no moving glass elements inside.

Like all my lenses, they produce the best image if matched to the camera.

Let me explain, if I can.

A car engine is built to work in extreme heat or cold, therefore there is a built in tolerance to allow for this.

It is the same with cameras and lenses so that any lens made to fit a camera make will work. However due to the built in tolerance in the camera and the lens one may not get the sharpest image without post processing ,ie editing.

Most modern DSLR cameras (not point and shoot type) have the ability in the menu to fine tune the lens and camera so there is little tolerance.

One may confuse this with depth of field which is something entirely different. This is what is out of focus infront and behind the subject taken

So with this picture although slightly edited to produce a greater DOF the amount of post processing is at its minimum.

So how is this achieved?

I happen to use Adobe Element14, not the latest version.

Within that editing suite one can blur the whole picture first. Next is to "Ring" the area to sharpen and then drag one or the editing brushes across that ringed area to sharpen it to what it was.

At then makes the selected area stand out from the rest.

This can also be done quite acceptably with the right lens and camera settings.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Regardless of all the information that I can't make heads nor tails of, the bottom line is....

This is a perfect shot of a beautiful flower in just the right light at just the right angle at the perfect time of day.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

20-03-2019, 11:53 PM

thanks all,

Still got a lot to learn about photography. Suppose one never stops learning

The tech detail and how to is for those wanting o find out how i did it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 11:57 PM

Fabulous photo, Realspeed.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Again using the Nikon D810 but this time the Nikon 50mm f14G lens. With this, what is called a "prime" lens, means it only has a fixed focal distance. This does not stop one taken photos at almost any distance within reason.

Prime lenses are supposed to produce a sharper picture as there are no moving glass elements inside.

Let me explain, if I can.

A car engine is built to work in extreme heat or cold, therefore there is a built in tolerance to allow for this.

It is the same with cameras and lenses so that any lens made to fit a camera make will work. However due to the built in tolerance in the camera and the lens one may not get the sharpest image without post processing ,ie editing.

Most modern DSLR cameras (not point and shoot type) have the ability in the menu to fine tune the lens and camera so there is little tolerance.

One may confuse this with depth of field which is something entirely different. This is what is out of focus infront and behind the subject taken

So with this picture although slightly edited to produce a greater DOF the amount of post processing is at its minimum.

So how is this achieved?

I happen to use Adobe Element14, not the latest version.

Within that editing suite one can blur the whole picture first. Next is to "Ring" the area to sharpen and then drag one or the editing brushes across that ringed area to sharpen it to what it was.

At then makes the selected area stand out from the rest.

This can also be done quite acceptably with the right lens and camera settings.
Blimey, at last you have one in focus

So what does that mean? Are you saying that if you have if you have a kit lens with a basic DSLR, such as the Nikon D5300, you cannot take quality photos?

Have a look here and it will explain all that you need to know
https://expertphotography.com/beauti...t-photography/
It entirely depends on whether you are shooting landscapes on what aperture you use. With that in mind, an aperture of f16 - 22 would be good.
Having said that, you still haven't got a clue. You try to give advice on here that you tried to gain online.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 12:23 AM

Stunning. I appreciate you explaining the nuances of the technical work. Besides the saturation of color, the geometry of camellias are intoxicating, and this one is indeed perfection! Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top