Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:19 PM

Tonics.. Like Metatone And Minavex.

Do you ever take a tonic like Metatone or Minadex that is now called Minavex?

I have had a stye on my eye that l get very occasionally. I usually just bathe it with salted, cooled boiled water and rub it with a gold ring and it goes. This time, it didn’t go and l had to go to the doctors for antibiotic eye drops.

I wondered, if l might be a bit run down so l decided, l would get some Minadex like my mother used to give us when we were children. I found Minadex has been replaced with Minavex and contains sulphites which l can be allergic to.
So instead, l bought a bottle of Metatone. I would have preferred if it had contained Vitamin C like the Minavex does.

I do normally take multivitamins but just thought a tonic would give me a boost.

Do you ever take a tonic now and again, or do you not believe in them and think they are a waste of money?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:29 PM

Re: Tonics.. Like Metatone And Minavex.

I had Metatone after a bad virus last year. Can't really say for sure if it helped or not though.

I know a lot of people have recommended it to me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 04:29 AM

Hi

Art, pointless in your case.

You have a very healthy lifestyle.

Which is why you look and act like someone 20 years your Junior.

You do not need Botox or any other of the stupid things about.

You are fun, look at your posts, always funny, and thought provoking.

You are an example of why getting older is not a negative, it is a positive.

You, Rhian, Silver and Sufermom are an example of how much life can be good when we are aging.

It is a great time in our lives, a time to enjoy, not a time to be negative.

No bosses to worry about, the freedom to enjoy every day.

I love it.

Yesterday was a great example.

No need to go to work and be bossed about by stupid Politicians.

Went volunteering and helped out and made life better for two people with Mental Health Issues.

Very satisfying.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:22 AM

The only time I had to take a tonic was when I was a young Girl and suffered with styes,the Doc' prescribed an Iron tonic which had to be sipped through a straw as it made My teeth black..but ..no more styes..and no more tonics...these days if I feel My energy levels take a dip I just cut down on the bad carb's and increase the veg' & protein...seems to work for Me...I'm kind of old fashioned and I still believe 'We are what We eat'
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
The only time I had to take a tonic was when I was a young Girl and suffered with styes,the Doc' prescribed an Iron tonic which had to be sipped through a straw as it made My teeth black..but ..no more styes..and no more tonics...these days if I feel My energy levels take a dip I just cut down on the bad carb's and increase the veg' & protein...seems to work for Me...I'm kind of old fashioned and I still believe 'We are what We eat'
Hi

Spot on May.

There are very few in this World I would not take on.

You are one of them.

You are older than me, but so independent and intelligent.

No offence, but a compliment.

When I get to your age, If I ever do, I would be so pleased to be like you.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:04 AM

A glass or two of red wine with dinner every night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
A glass or two of red wine with dinner every night.
Ah, but do you look twenty years your junior?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you ever take a tonic like Metatone or Minadex that is now called Minavex?

I have had a stye on my eye that l get very occasionally. I usually just bathe it with salted, cooled boiled water and rub it with a gold ring and it goes. This time, it didn’t go and l had to go to the doctors for antibiotic eye drops.

I wondered, if l might be a bit run down so l decided, l would get some Minadex like my mother used to give us when we were children. I found Minadex has been replaced with Minavex and contains sulphites which l can be allergic to.
So instead, l bought a bottle of Metatone. I would have preferred if it had contained Vitamin C like the Minavex does.

I do normally take multivitamins but just thought a tonic would give me a boost.

Do you ever take a tonic now and again, or do you not believe in them and think they are a waste of money?
If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, you used to be able to buy it in an Off-licence. Tried it a few times when was younger but no idea if it worked or not.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on May.

There are very few in this World I would not take on.

You are one of them.

You are older than me, but so independent and intelligent.

No offence, but a compliment.

When I get to your age, If I ever do, I would be so pleased to be like you.
Oi! SF...You make Me sound like a 100 yr old Amazon ..but..thanks for the compliment..I think
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

02-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, you used to be able to buy it in an Off-licence. Tried it a few times when was younger but no idea if it worked or not.
I remember My Mum getting a tonic wine called Sanatogen I think...now the Darlin Woman had never tasted as much as a glass of sherry in Her Life,but after a couple of glasses of this She was giggling like a Schoolgirl...so funny..but it did Her the World of good and gave Us all a good laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top