Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Re: What's your problem?

Minor things:
Watery eyes, a great annoyance. Also a patch on the side of my nose that is always peeling and sore (possibly a Bowens lesion).

Not so minor things:
The cut to remove the right kidney 32 years ago (cancer) went across half of my stomach muscles. There's now a small hernia at the belly button end of this old scar.

There's a lump inside the remaining kidney. Waiting for the results of the latest scan.

Atonic bladder. Probably due to operations on the bladder but I'm lucky because I'm watertight. Anyone interested can look up what having an atonic bladder means to lifestyle.

But anyway..
I've got more energy and walk faster than many of my age, so think I'm doing OK despite the above.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Minor things:
Watery eyes, a great annoyance. Also a patch on the side of my nose that is always peeling and sore (possibly a Bowens lesion).

Not so minor things:
The cut to remove the right kidney 32 years ago (cancer) went across half of my stomach muscles. There's now a small hernia at the belly button end of this old scar.

There's a lump inside the remaining kidney. Waiting for the results of the latest scan.

Atonic bladder. Probably due to operations on the bladder but I'm lucky because I'm watertight. Anyone interested can look up what having an atonic bladder means to lifestyle.

But anyway..
I've got more energy and walk faster than many of my age, so think I'm doing OK despite the above.
Congratulations on being a long term cancer survivor! That's truly wonderful!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Mart, get that patch of skin on your nose checked out by a dermatologist!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Mart, get that patch of skin on your nose checked out by a dermatologist!
I did get it checked out at the hospital by a dermatologist. He didn't think much of it. It has worsened since then though. I just pull the loose skin off with tweezers once in a while when it seems ready to come away. It looks worse in the bathroom magnifying mirror but is probably hardly noticeable by others at conversation distance.

I had a similar thing on my hand. This sore had been there for a good few years. I put some prescribed chemo cream on it. The cream had to be used until the sore festered up and looked awful. Once that happened, application of the cream was stopped. The sore got better and has never come back.

I think the idea is that once the area has festered (the cream has done its job), the body becomes aware of any cancerous cells and attacks them. Who wants that treatment on the end of their nose though. I might have to do it one day I suppose.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Oh bloody 'ell, where do I begin ???

Ok, like many I have arthritis - have had both knees and both hips surgically replaced with implants. Left hip has been in situ for past 14 years, but is now beginning to give me a lot of grief.

I also have Emphysema in the top half of my lungs, and Pulmonary Fibrosis in the bottom half, - when the two meet in the middle as they inevitably will do, I turn my toes up if the other problem (below) doesn't get me first.

I have an incurable disease - Ideopathic Thrombocytopenia. This is a form of leukemia which attacks and destroys the red blood platelets, this, robs one of all energy and stamina and because the red blood cells are supposed to feed the organs with oxygen, all the organs are, to an extent, being robbed of that oxygen. The hospital have told me, that this disease, whilst incurable, is manageable, but it requires constant careful monitoring, which is why I attend hospital EVERY week for a blood test and, if required, an injection to boost the bone marrow to produce more platelets.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I did get it checked out at the hospital by a dermatologist. He didn't think much of it. It has worsened since then though. I just pull the loose skin off with tweezers once in a while when it seems ready to come away. It looks worse in the bathroom magnifying mirror but is probably hardly noticeable by others at conversation distance.

I had a similar thing on my hand. This sore had been there for a good few years. I put some prescribed chemo cream on it. The cream had to be used until the sore festered up and looked awful. Once that happened, application of the cream was stopped. The sore got better and has never come back.

I think the idea is that once the area has festered (the cream has done its job), the body becomes aware of any cancerous cells and attacks them. Who wants that treatment on the end of their nose though. I might have to do it one day I suppose.
I wonder if it was Efudix?
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh bloody 'ell, where do I begin ???

Ok, like many I have arthritis - have had both knees and both hips surgically replaced with implants. Left hip has been in situ for past 14 years, but is now beginning to give me a lot of grief.

I also have Emphysema in the top half of my lungs, and Pulmonary Fibrosis in the bottom half, - when the two meet in the middle as they inevitably will do, I turn my toes up if the other problem (below) doesn't get me first.

I have an incurable disease - Ideopathic Thrombocytopenia. This is a form of leukemia which attacks and destroys the red blood platelets, this, robs one of all energy and stamina and because the red blood cells are supposed to feed the organs with oxygen, all the organs are, to an extent, being robbed of that oxygen. The hospital have told me, that this disease, whilst incurable, is manageable, but it requires constant careful monitoring, which is why I attend hospital EVERY week for a blood test and, if required, an injection to boost the bone marrow to produce more platelets.
That sounds almost intolerable, but it's good that its manageable! You have one of the biggest smiles I've seen, despite all of this!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cache ->
That sounds almost intolerable, but it's good that its manageable! You have one of the biggest smiles I've seen, despite all of this!

Yes darlin' - as I said somewhere else on the forum earlier today - I have the hospital staff well trained. When I attended the hospital yesterday, One of the Managers, gave me a whole Lemon drizzle cake which I am now enjoying immensely (notwithstanding I am Diabetic - something I have forgotten to announce above).
Cache
East Anglia

17-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes darlin' - as I said somewhere else on the forum earlier today - I have the hospital staff well trained. When I attended the hospital yesterday, One of the Managers, gave me a whole Lemon drizzle cake which I am now enjoying immensely (notwithstanding I am Diabetic - something I have forgotten to announce above).
Yummy! I love Lemon Drizzle cake, in fact I like all cakes. Just have a small slice!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

17-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cache ->
Yummy! I love Lemon Drizzle cake, in fact I like all cakes. Just have a small slice!

Yes darlin' but what you call small and what I call small differs greatly

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top