Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Are you a Politically Happy Bunny?

It seems to me that our political system has arrived at a massive crossroads.

We have MPs who are owning up to drug use, maybe because they know that the media is preparing to blackmail them into admitting it anyway.

We have MPs who are being de-selected because the media is listing them as those who "in all good conscience" could not support Brexit even though their voters wanted it.

We have easily available on line search information indicating which National projects they have been supporting, or blocking..

At last, we are able to judge what they are saying and doing.

I don't thing that we've ever had the ability to make these judgements before?

Have we arrived at the stage where politics will change, for the better?

Or will they continue screwing the voters because they think that they are doing "What's right for the country"?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 08:22 PM

Re: Are you a Politically Happy Bunny?

Do you suppose that it all came to a head with the Expenses Scandal? and perhaps the scandal of Lords and Ladies getting £300 per day for simply signing in the HOL, and then trotting off back home for the day. In both cases, an absolute disgrace that made the public suddenly sit up and take notice of what was going on for the very first time.

Of course, one must surely appreciate that Brexit must have made hundreds of thousands of people, once not caring about politics before, suddenly become interested in politics, especially when it concerned each and every one of them.
With the wonderful world of the internet, newspapers, television, radio and the cameras within the HOC, we can now see all that is happening "in our name".

I really don't know when it started otherwise, but it is certainly satisfying to know that there is nowhere for those politicians to hide anymore.

They must hate it. But I love it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Social media is now instrumental in connecting people with politics, when they may otherwise not participate.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 10:27 PM

Impasses happen, when there are too many opinions.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 10:28 PM

That's when a maverick is needed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 11:27 PM

That's when a strong leader with more than one active brain cell is needed!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 06:20 AM

It's broken. It needs root and branch reform. As it is it's irreparable but attempts will no doubt be made to fix it.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 08:38 PM

After Brexit comes the reckoning for our broken political system.

That is the next battle.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 08:53 PM

I realise that this thread is about the UK, but I feel that political certainties are rapidly changing worldwide. The balance of power is about to permanently move away from our part of the world.

The more I see changes the more I feel that we have already lived in the best of times. I don't feel hopeful or positive that this will work out well.

Perhaps I am boring and unadventurous but I can't understand why anyone would think that destroying all certainties and replacing them with the unknown is a good thing for ordinary people.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top