Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:07 PM

Re: Do You Have a Favourite Breakfast!

I eat whatever I fancy and /or whatever is available for breakfast.
Some favourites include:

a poached egg nestled inside a large field mushroom poached in a knob of butter (that’s my favourite when I can be bothered to make it)

Scrambled eggs with baby mushrooms and a bit of granary toast.
fried egg on toast,
tomato omelette,
a bowl of bran flakes and berry fruits / banana, with milk,
muesli and fruit with yoghurt,
a chocolate croissant,
a bit of spinach and feta pie
A bit of toast and jam.
Banana or jam on toast or a crispbread.

Today I had chopped peach, apricot and pear, topped with Greek yoghurt, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with walnuts. Yummylicious.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I once had home-made trifle for breakfast!
Wicked Pyxell! I can compete with that. When HWMO was working and I retired, I didn't know what to have for breakfast one morning. I wasn't hungry at all but knew I wanted something. Looked in the fridge and then sat down and thoroughly enjoyed a M&S Belgian Chocolate Mousse, so much, that I had two. Went down well with a glass of Orange Juice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Haven't eaten them for years
Huevos rancheros !
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I can compete with that. When HWMO was working and I retired, I didn't know what to have for breakfast, I wasn't hungry at all but knew I wanted something. Looked in the fridge and then sat down and thoroughly enjoyed a M&S Belgian Chocolate Mousse, so much, that I had two. Went down well with a glass of Orange Juice.
And why not?

Like Boot, it's what you fancy!

The Victorians used to have all sorts, including devilled kidneys and kedgeree!

I have fads. Sometimes I crave a home-made muesli, and I'll have that for a while and then suddenly go off it!
Same with porridge.

At the moment it's pasta or rice.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:19 PM

Wow Muddy, I had to look that one up! You certainly like a hot breakfast with it being a Mexican dish with tortilla, black beans, feta cheese, hot chilli sauce, etc. I bet it tasted gooooooood !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Haven't eaten them for years
Huevos rancheros !
I don't like wraps - would it work with pancakes?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
And why not?

Like Boot, it's what you fancy!

The Victorians used to have all sorts, including devilled kidneys and kedgeree!

I have fads. Sometimes I crave a home-made muesli, and I'll have that for a while and then suddenly go off it!
Same with porridge.

At the moment it's pasta or rice.
Agree wholeheartedly, we all have fads. I remember my Mums lovely big pot of Scot's porridge Oats served with sugar and hot milk on a cold winters morning before setting off to school.

So when shopping online, I spotted the Scot's individual Porridge Oats that you can microwave, so decided to buy a box. Ate it for the first couple of days and now it is languishing in the cupboard getting nearer and near the use or sell by date because I went off it as the honey they put in it and being microwaved, it just wasn't the same as mum used to make. I can't be bothered to buy the proper one either. Too lazy to go to the bother anymore to make porridge, it's back to the Weetabix for cereal.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I don't like wraps - would it work with pancakes?
I'm with you, I don't like wraps. Perhaps warm pitta bread?
Pyxell
South of England

15-06-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Agree wholeheartedly, we all have fads. I remember my Mums lovely big pot of Scot's porridge Oats served with sugar and hot milk on a cold winters morning before setting off to school.

So when shopping online, I spotted the Scot's individual Porridge Oats that you can microwave, so decided to buy a box. Ate it for the first couple of days and now it is languishing in the cupboard getting nearer and near the use or sell by date because I went off it as the honey they put in it and being microwaved, it just wasn't the same as mum used to make. I can't be bothered to buy the proper one either. Too lazy to go to the bother anymore to make porridge, it's back to the Weetabix for cereal.
Scott's Old-Fashioned Porage Oats, made in the microwave, dead simple and quick, sweeten yourself to taste.
They have a nicer texture as they are coarser-milled.

When I went off milk, I used almond milk which was nice.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 05:38 PM

I won't bother thanks Pyxell, in case even they don't remind me of Mums.

Another favourite breakfast for me when HWMO was working, was peeling two medium sized Red Desiree potatoes, boiling them for twenty mins, let them cool a bit, slice them thinly and cook them in a little oil/butter until crispy and golden each side. dry them on kitchen paper, Butter two slices of thick bread with Kerrygold Butter, squirt a little Tomato sauce on the bottom slice. Carefully lay out the lovely crispy potatoes onto the bottom slice so they all fit in, (any surplus went into my mouth). A little sprinkle of Salt over them, Top slice on, Cut in four, onto a plate with a serviette, and I was a happy bunny. Of course that was when I was on my own, nobody around to tut tut, and I was able to indulge in my own greedy need. lol.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top