Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Re: Do You Have a Favourite Breakfast!

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
When in a hotel I always ask for poached egg on wholemeal toast as I love the way some chefs make them look like spindly clouds
And when you break in to them the perfect yolk runs on to the buttered toast!
Divine!
Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Rhian, for starters, breakfast always taste much nicer when you haven't had to cook it yourself, especially when staying at a nice hotel. Those poached eggs sound really yum.

I have always been useless at doing poached eggs.
Poached eggs, definltely, if they're perfectly cooked .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:46 PM

Hi

Eggs Benedict.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:46 PM

During the week I always have fat free Milbona protein yoghurt from Lidl with Kelloggs crunchy nut granola and frozen raspberrys. The yoghurt is my absolute favourite and it's like eating cream yet not naughty, mmmm its lovely

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	yoghurt.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9847  
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I eat whatever I fancy and /or whatever is available for breakfast.
Some favourites include:

a poached egg nestled inside a large field mushroom poached in a knob of butter (that’s my favourite when I can be bothered to make it)

Scrambled eggs with baby mushrooms and a bit of granary toast.
fried egg on toast,
tomato omelette,
a bowl of bran flakes and berry fruits / banana, with milk,
muesli and fruit with yoghurt,
a chocolate croissant,
a bit of spinach and feta pie
A bit of toast and jam.
Banana or jam on toast or a crispbread.

Today I had chopped peach, apricot and pear, topped with Greek yoghurt, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with walnuts. Yummylicious.
The hot breakfasts sound yum Boot. I love the selection you have chosen, especially the fruit selection of breakfasts, but if I was staying in a hotel, I would have the fruit first followed by a hot breakfast, cos I absolutely love breakfast, I could do without food for the rest of the day as long as I have had something nice for Brekkie.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Poached eggs, definltely, if they're perfectly cooked .....
You will never be eating breakfast at my home then Omah! I'm absolutely useless with Poached Eggs, so never cook them.
I do have a small what they call poaching pan with the inserts, but to me the eggs are baked rather than poached, so it is languishing at the back of the cupboard, but at least I have a spare glass lid for frying my eggs without flipping them.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Eggs Benedict.
Do you really do Eggs Benedict for Breakfast Swimmy? The only time I eat them is if we are staying at a hotel that serves them for breakfast. Too much effort for me to make the sauce that goes with them, although I do enjoy them as long as I have wholemeal toast to put them on.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
During the week I always have fat free Milbona protein yoghurt from Lidl with Kelloggs crunchy nut granola and frozen raspberrys. The yoghurt is my absolute favourite and it's like eating cream yet not naughty, mmmm its lovely
It sounds gorgeous LQ. I don't shop in Lidl so have never seen them before. I do like Granola but that one sounds particulary nice.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You will never be eating breakfast at my home then Omah! I'm absolutely useless with Poached Eggs, so never cook them.
I do have a small what they call poaching pan with the inserts, but to me the eggs are baked rather than poached, so it is languishing at the back of the cupboard, but at least I have a spare glass lid for frying my eggs without flipping them.
Indeed, those poaching pans "ruin" the eggs .....

Once you've fried eggs with a glass lid that you can see through, there'll be no going back - it'll be perfect fried eggs every time (no boiled or poached .....) .....
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 06:29 PM

Eggs!! I am so different to you lovely people, If I fry an egg it has to be brown on both sides and the yoke broken and fried almost to a cinder. I cannot stand runny eggs. Now and the I like a boiled egg but it has to boiled for at least fifteen minutes and the yolk must be solid.
Queer? yes I know but I cannot face a runny egg.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Eggs!! I am so different to you lovely people, If I fry an egg it has to be brown on both sides and the yoke broken and fried almost to a cinder. I cannot stand runny eggs. Now and the I like a boiled egg but it has to boiled for at least fifteen minutes and the yolk must be solid.
Queer? yes I know but I cannot face a runny egg.
I don't like runny eggs either!

In fact, as I said on another thread, I would love it if someone invented a yolkless egg... frying, boiling, poaching for the use of.

I like the edges of the white to be frazzled as much as possible, too!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top