Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: Do You Have a Favourite Breakfast!

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I went to Dublin once......at breakfast, I asked what the full Irish was. I asked if it was the same as a full English. Was told no.
So I asked what a full Irish was.
What I was told was the same as a full English.
Confused.com
Pyxell, I think it all depends on the geographical area of Ireland for what is perceived as a "full Irish breakfast".
In Kerry or Limerick when we were young, breakfast consisted of;-

Pork Sausage, Bacon, Fried Egg, Tomatoes, White Pudding, Black Pudding, Fried Bread and Fried Potatoes and maybe Mushrooms. (if it wasn't fried potatoes it was usually a type of Bubble and Squeak). All served with white and brown soda bread and real butter, along with Toast.

White Pudding is similar to Black Pudding but no blood content.

It so reminds me of the wonderful smell of Peat fires burning while eating that gargantuan meal. That breakfast filled us up so much, we were never hungry for the rest of the day!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
At home, I like smoked salmon with either a poached or scrambled egg and toasted bagel. When out I enjoy eggs benedict and eggs royale.
My goodness CoffeeCake, you do have posh breakfasts! Smoked Salmon? Eggs Benedict? You ought to get together with Swimmy He's another Eggs Benedict fan. What are Eggs Royale?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My goodness CoffeeCake, you do have posh breakfasts! Smoked Salmon? Eggs Benedict? You ought to get together with Swimmy He's another Eggs Benedict fan. What are Eggs Royale?
The same SG!, only with smoked salmon instead of ham
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Pyxell, I think it all depends on the geographical area of Ireland for what is perceived as a "full Irish breakfast".
In Kerry or Limerick when we were young, breakfast consisted of;-

Pork Sausage, Bacon, Fried Egg, Tomatoes, White Pudding, Black Pudding, Fried Bread and Fried Potatoes and maybe Mushrooms. (if it wasn't fried potatoes it was usually a type of Bubble and Squeak). All served with white and brown soda bread and real butter, along with Toast.

White Pudding is similar to Black Pudding but no blood content.

It so reminds me of the wonderful smell of Peat fires burning while eating that gargantuan meal. That breakfast filled us up so much, we were never hungry for the rest of the day!
What is fruit pudding? At breakfast, I mean?

Edit.....it's ok...I googled it!

Maybe future Full Englishes will include Artangel's Chutney Bakewells!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Pyxell;1726874]What is fruit pudding? At breakfast, I mean?

Edit.....it's ok...I googled it![/QUOTE]

so did I
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Thanks for that info Rhian. so Eggs Royale is basically Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon instead of Ham and still served on a Muffin.

I won't forget that, Kudo's to all those who take the time to make the sauce!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-06-2019, 11:04 AM

My favourite weekend breakfast at the moment is a Sheldon's Stonebaked Muffin, spread with Kerrygold butter and filled with either lean rashers of Bacon or 2 Pork Sausages. That and a full glass of Orange Juice and I am one happy bunny!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Fruit pudding is a Scottish dish which is a mixture of wheat or oatmeal flour, beef suet, brown sugar, currants and/or sultanas, salt and cinnamon formed into the shape of a large sausage.

Fruit pudding

Type
Pudding

Place of origin
Scotland

Main ingredients
Oatmeal or wheat flour, beef suet, brown sugar, currants or sultanas, cinnamon

Cookbook: Fruit pudding
Media: Fruit pudding

Normally cut into slices and fried, it is an optional feature of the traditional Scottish breakfast. Although served in this context as part of a savoury meal, its close relationship to dumpling means it may also be served as a dessert.

Many Scottish producers of sausage, sliced sausage, black pudding, white pudding and haggis also make fruit pudding. It is not uncommon to find a "breakfast pack" consisting of sausage, sliced sausage, black pudding and fruit pudding on sale in Scottish shops.[1][2]

Sorry Pyxell was logged off.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Hogs Pudding, fried egg, mushrooms, thin layer of fried onions, all on a slice of brown bread with a smear of English mustard.

Can't beat it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 12:27 PM

I am not a big fan of a cooked breakfast, never have one at home. I much prefer cereal.

Usually have Weetbix or occasionally imitation Nutri-grain (too much sugar in that) in summer and porridge or Shredded Wheat in winter.

I find a cooked breakfast slows me down for the day but when travelling, especially in Asia, I sometimes supplement my breakfast with toast or even yogurt because they have lots of cooked breakfast food but are sometimes short on cereal - rice porridge does nothing for me. However I don't mind Nasi Lemak for breakfast in Malaysia

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top