Join for free
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

04-02-2015, 08:51 AM

Re: How to post pics

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Bob, you need an account like Photobucket or Flickr. Load your photos there and they can be mabe available to anywhere else eg. this forum.
Thanks mate, I will give that a try. This forum doesn't come with a manual, haven't used photobucket before, hope it is easier to use than this forum.
best regards
bob
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 08:52 AM

You firstly need to pick up the image URL. You can do this either from the photos in your profile or from photos in a photo store ( such as Photobucket) outside of your computer. Since you already know how to load photos into your profile page we will go through the former way.
Chose the photo you want to show and left click on it to enlarge it. Right click and options will come up, one of which is to "Copy the URL". Left click on this.Your computer now holds the address of this photo.
Go to the messaging page to start your message. Of the icons across the top of the message form one is a square, this allows you to post the address of your photo on the message page. Left click on this square and a form will pop up on your screen. Delete the letters in the message space then right click in that space. Of the options which come up left click on the "Paste" option. Left click on "OK" and the photo address will appear in your message. Complete your message and post it then the address will become a photo.
It sounds complicated but when you've done it a few times it's easy. Best of luck.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

04-02-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
You firstly need to pick up the image URL. You can do this either from the photos in your profile or from photos in a photo store ( such as Photobucket) outside of your computer. Since you already know how to load photos into your profile page we will go through the former way.
Chose the photo you want to show and left click on it to enlarge it. Right click and options will come up, one of which is to "Copy the URL". Left click on this.Your computer now holds the address of this photo.
Go to the messaging page to start your message. Of the icons across the top of the message form one is a square, this allows you to post the address of your photo on the message page. Left click on this square and a form will pop up on your screen. Delete the letters in the message space then right click in that space. Of the options which come up left click on the "Paste" option. Left click on "OK" and the photo address will appear in your message. Complete your message and post it then the address will become a photo.
It sounds complicated but when you've done it a few times it's easy. Best of luck.
Thanks Alan, I will need some luck as I am using a samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1. ( android )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2015, 09:38 AM

Hello Bob to add to the other members helpful information, here are some details on posting pictures from your computer both into your albums and directly onto the forums....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=14
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

04-02-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Bob to add to the other members helpful information, here are some details on posting pictures from your computer both into your albums and directly onto the forums....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=14
Dear Meg,
Thank you for your help, the problem is, you don't understand how incompetent I am on a computer. It would shock you if you understood how little I know about posting. Despite this I am wild about writing and have already been paid £1,500.00 for a manual I wrote for a college up north because they said I had a refreshing style ??? My other problem is spelling, I get lots of spellings from Barb and in that sense I suppose I am a bit like James and Sue ( Mr rascal ). This means I type into a word processor package called WPS office and then copy and paste into the forum. If I don't do this two hours after I have started a post the forum seems to suddenly blink and I have lost the lot. What a downer ! I am sure some forum readers will be laughing their socks off. I suppose it is funny, but when you put as much effort into it as me, it really gets to you. I am going to try to post one of those http things on a posting to see if I can do it, please keep an eye on me. You are dealing with a computer plonker.
best regards
bob
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

06-02-2015, 12:25 AM

How do you post a picture from photobucket on to this forum please.
bob.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:36 AM

Azz has explained it in the first post
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:50 AM

Hi Bob there are instructions from Azz in the first post in this thread.
I will also try to explain too..

Once you have loaded your photographs from your PC onto photobucket, choose the one you wish to post on the forum, click on it and this box will appear on the right hand side of the screen..It says Shared Links above it.

click on 'direct' and the box should highlight in yellow to show you have copied it .

Go to your post on the forum and click on this symbol in the menu at the top of the post.
A box will open, click in the box to paste your photo URL and click on 'ok' and your photograph should appear in the post
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:52 AM

nice and easy explanation Meg!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-02-2015, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
nice and easy explanation Meg!
Honey I am so tired I am not sure it make sense

Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top