Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 06:06 PM

Can exercise reverse the aging process?

Some think it can!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47331544
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Can exercise reverse the aging process?

Hi Carol.
Good article

Obviously in a literal sense we cannot get younger, but we can keep our fitness levels at a pretty high rate for as long as we live pending unplanned and unrelated serious illnesses such as cancer and MS.

Type 2 diabetes is the major leader now in lifestyle-type complaints but most of the reasons why people succumb to this is not typically because they eat too much sugar (as is commonly supposed by many) but that people are basically inactive or they do not exercise regularly. Diet plays a big part in our health too and a healthy eating plan in moderation must be adhered to to enjoy one's life usually following middle age (40+).

It's all to do with an individual's mindset though. If, like myself, the have the willpower to actually want to keep themselves fit and healthy it will be achieved. The amazing people in your article have proved this and should serve as an inspiration to many.

So yes (and I hope OldGreyFox reads this as he can back this up perfectly with his recent health check), we can actually look, feel and have the body and mind of a much younger person if we adhere to a relatively healthy lifestyle.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:17 PM

My new exercise bike is ready to assemble!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	71MM1VZWt2L._SX679_.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	9090  
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 07:58 PM

I don't think it can reverse the aging but it can slow it down..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't think it can reverse the aging but it can slow it down..
I agree. Nothing can stop you ageing but the more active you are the better your quality of life will be (hopefully!)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:07 PM

You can't reverse the ageing process but by keeping yourself fit you can perhaps help to halt illnesses that come with lack of exercise like diabetes. I.m fitter now in my late 50s than I was in my 30s as I took up regular exercise 2 years ago. I had very high blood pressure and now I have the BP of a fit person due to doing so. We cannot stop our bodies ageing but we can slow down the process.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:32 PM

Well, not reverse age as such, but it can help regain what you have lost, to a degree. Mobility, strength, flexibility and stamina are certainly much better if someone exercises.

It has helped me immensely since I had a heart attack, after which I could shuffle along and could walk for only several minutes before I was drained of strength and energy. You'd never know I'd had one, to look at me now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by tachyon ->
well, not reverse age as such, but it can help regain what you have lost, to a degree. Mobility, strength, flexibility and stamina are certainly much better if someone exercises.

It has helped me immensely since i had a heart attack, after which i could shuffle along and could walk for only several minutes before i was drained of strength and energy. You'd never know i'd had one, to look at me now. :d
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

20-03-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, not reverse age as such, but it can help regain what you have lost, to a degree. Mobility, strength, flexibility and stamina are certainly much better if someone exercises.

It has helped me immensely since I had a heart attack, after which I could shuffle along and could walk for only several minutes before I was drained of strength and energy. You'd never know I'd had one, to look at me now.
Fantastic!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->

Glad to hear you recovered well Tach

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top