Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 06:35 AM

Frosts, are you ready?

Hi

Spring is here, but frosts forecast this weekend,

Are you ready or taking a chance?

My frost sensitive are still in the polytunnel or under cloches.

I will be a fortnight later than others in planting out, but everything will survive and soon catch up.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 07:43 AM

Re: Frosts, are you ready?

Hopefully not this far south but i'm taking no chances. Fleece will be going over a few of my tender plants tonight and over the weekend Justin Case.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:05 AM

I've got bedding plants bursting to be planted out, frosts and flippin' scaffolding in the way. I think I might just give some away.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:43 AM

Everything is growing well in the garden .
I got sick of looking at the wallflowers in a tub outside the window they haven't done well this year so I pulled them up and planted petunias . As they are in a tub I can cover them up or put the tub in the garage overnight.

My hydrangea has already fallen prey to an earlier frost although I covered it nightly. The leaves are just regrowing.

Most of my bedding plants and the runner beans won't be going into the garden for a few weeks yet.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:16 PM

I never ever plant tender/bedding out until after the weekend after the 4th of May (use that date as my sisters birthday no other reason)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:18 PM

I haven't got any bedding planted out yet, but I have Camellias, Rhodedendrons, and Azaleas in flower, or at least buds bursting, so a frost won't do those a lot of good at this stage.

My Hydrangea, like Meg's has already suffered, and many things have new tender shoots that will be damaged if frost strikes here now.
One Peony is covered in buds, and the other two later ones are covered in new shoots.

I've got too much stuff to bring it all indoors, and the shed is full and so are my 3 small poly houses.

Late this afternoon we had short but sharp hailstorm! I wondered what the noise was for a minute, then looked out the window and watched the hailstones bouncing off my neighbour's roof.

I love my plants and will be very upset if they are damaged.
It is so disheartening.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:36 PM

I will believe it when I see it. Only the other day they were predicting a May bank hol heatwave. To be honest I am more worried about the snails eating my veg and bedding!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top