Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 02:56 PM

Re: Groundhog Day

Originally Posted by May ->
Sheesh!..this thread's better than the Film title....play it again..and again...most amusing
We aim to please May......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Sheesh!..this thread's better than the Film title....play it again..and again...most amusing
Hi

Which is exactly where the Country is at the moment, and yes it would be amusing if it wasn't so tragic.

May has kicked it down the road again. no solution in sight and very little the New PM, whoever they are can do.

Effective preparations for a No Deal have been put on hold again, which is absolutely stupid.

She has boxed her replacement into a corner.

She must really hate the ordinary people in the UK, as it is us who will suffer for this.

May and her MP mates will be keeping their wages, expenses and pensions.

Cameron is bringing his autobiography out in the Autumn, which will net him another few £100k.

The next poor sod to follow her will only have a few weeks to sort something out.

She is a vengeful woman, still believes it is only her deal which is the right one.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Pathetic.
Correct, that's what you are.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Hi

fender is well capable of defending himself.

As the OP I will however point out the bleeding obvious.

fender has a foreign wife, he is no idiot or xenophobe.

He is intelligent articulate and reasoned in his point of view.

I am always willing to listen to the views of others.

You however are stretching that to the limit.

Perhaps you are the problem, not others?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The next poor sod to follow her will only have a few weeks to sort something out.

She is a vengeful woman, still believes it is only her deal which is the right one.
What, possibly, would a new pm sort out? Negotiate a new deal, while the previous one took two years to strike? First of all he or she need to abolish the red lines drew, which were dictated by the present parliament. Don't fool yourself, even if the holy farage himself became pm, he could only guide may's deal through the HoC. There is no other choice.
For now and the future your parliament has manoeured themselves in a corner where they have only two choices, the withdrawl deal or revoke article 50. Man up, and face that reality
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-05-2019, 05:41 PM

Hi

If resorting to calling the opposing party "saddo losers" (post 23) to you is an articulate and reasoned point of view, well, then british debating is re-inventing itself.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 05:57 PM

Hi

Post Andrew V Nigel # 96 'Most of the economic migrants are just that - parasites.
Some people are just too dense or too PC to acknowledge it'

Swims, I must admit that I normally respect your comments as you seem to have a greater awareness of the chaos and nastiness that is going to befall us.

However, the comment above from Fender lays bare his xenophobia which fly's some what in the face of your assessment.

I have read that this country along with many others fought a war to do away with this type of evil, but it would appear from various elements on this forum that this may not have been the case and that there where, and are, still persons of this ilk masquerading as citizens of this country.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I read many news feeds not just them. I also read a lot of books, zero hedge just tends to consolidate nrws into one place. You should read it ... that is if you can pluck up enough courage to lift your nose out of the guardian.

All you do is google up last minute answers in the belief you are "knowledgeable" and then tell everyone how clever you are. It's quite funny these "look what I found on the internet" answers we get from you.

Bybthe way, who are you voting for next week,? Still no answers ....
I don’t recall ever claiming that I was clever. It is only you who keep calling me that and it is you who keeps suggesting I look things up on google. That the things I find on google often expose the fallacies in your arguments is indeed sometimes very funny.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Post Andrew V Nigel # 96 'Most of the economic migrants are just that - parasites.
Some people are just too dense or too PC to acknowledge it'

Swims, I must admit that I normally respect your comments as you seem to have a greater awareness of the chaos and nastiness that is going to befall us.

However, the comment above from Fender lays bare his xenophobia which fly's some what in the face of your assessment.

I have read that this country along with many others fought a war to do away with this type of evil, but it would appear from various elements on this forum that this may not have been the case and that there where, and are, still persons of this ilk masquerading as citizens of this country.
Here you go thinking that you know someone. You have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

And yes, economic migrants are parasites, coming here for freebie handouts.
You may want to do some research rather than assuming they are all hard done by poor little souls.

Some of them at Calais were asked questions like "why are you specifically heading for the UK"

One of them answered...

"Because I'll be given free money so I can drink and smoke"
Many have a sense of entitlement and feel we have some kind of duty to look after them free.

I remember another couple who I think went to Sweden.
They were interviewed and said..

"We're going back home, we've been here for weeks and still not been given a house or a car"

So yes, parasites that we can all do without.
There are countless instances of their sense of entitlement and ingratitude to the country that's taken them in.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

17-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Pot / kettle - and like I care what you think!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top