Join for free
View Poll Results: Who should be the next PM out of this lot?
Penny Mordaunt 1 5.00%
Pritti Patel 1 5.00%
Esther McVie 3 15.00%
Andrea Leadsom 7 35.00%
Dominic Raab 4 20.00%
Micheal Gove 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:29 PM

Who should be the next PM

Just a bit of fun.

Who do you think should replace the dead-leg former Prime Minister out of this lot?

I've deliberately not included Remain voters and Boris Johnson who has, I feel, only his own interest at heart and not the people of the UK.

Feel free to add your own.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:38 PM

Re: Who should be the next PM

Rory Stewart's not on that list.

If I had to pick a Tory PM, I'd pick him. He's been impressing me for some time now.

He's had a very varied pre-political life, he's an excellent speaker, he speaks a lot of sense without soundbites or clchès, he's a diplomat, he comes across as passionate in a friendly way, but wouldn't take any nonsense.

In fact, it's a real shame that he's a Tory and a Brexiteer. However, out of all the Tory shower, he's the one I'd go for.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Rory Stewart's not on that list.

If I had to pick a Tory PM, I'd pick him. He's been impressing me for some time now.

He's had a very varied pre-political life, he's an excellent speaker, he speaks a lot of sense without soundbites or clchès, he's a diplomat, he comes across as passionate in a friendly way, but wouldn't take any nonsense.

In fact, it's a real shame that he's a Tory and a Brexiteer. However, out of all the Tory shower, he's the one I'd go for.
Not a true Brexiteer though, a reformed Remainer so could change his stance back to Remain at any time.

An article about him states:

"Although once a Remain supporter, he said he accepted Brexit"
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not a true Brexiteer though, a reformed Remainer so could change his stance back to Remain at any time.

An article about him states:

"Although once a Remain supporter, he said he accepted Brexit"
I heard him describe himself as a Brexiteer on Politics Live a couple of weeks ago or so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:23 PM

There's something about Gove I just can't put my finger on, perhaps it's because he's a 'back stabber' or is it because he just look like a joker.....

So that leaves me with just five and I don't know much about them so I'll do some homework before I vote....
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:34 PM

Looking at Rory Stewarts Wiki entry he's done nothing but politics. Even his Army "career" only lasted 5 months.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:43 PM

Wot no Boris?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:55 PM

I'm not sure I know anything about any of them apart from hearing their names repeated constantly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:37 PM

The first one to expedite brexit and drag us out of eurofilth will have my vote.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The first one to expedite brexit and drag us out of eurofilth will have my vote.
Me too Tabby, but they all sound so sincere and make promises and never actually deliver....

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top