Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Originally Posted by Devo ->
I would never have a vote but it strikes me the least bad of a not very good crop is Rory Stewart. He seems honester that the others with more of a functioning brain. Of the others, Johnson is more dishonest than many convicted criminals and generally incompetent; Raaaab just doers not scream leadership material and, with his admission that he was unaware of the Straits oif Diover and their importance makes one wonder what else he is unaware of; Javid is a political shapeshifter, a living case of these are my principles, if you don't like them I have others, he seems to have one driving vision, himself in power; 'H'unt I would not trust further than I could chuck him; and as for Gove - vote Gove get Vine comes to mind plus, as with Mogg, Gove's studied politeness and good manners disguise a very different person within.
Very aptly described Devo, One can imagine Gove having to be first inspected by his wife, Sarah Vine, before being allowed to leave the house!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 07:51 PM

Well
I'm not sure about that lot
But the Slag brothers in the boulder mobile get my vote
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Sajid Javid has been gaining support.
I sincerely hope not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:33 PM

I was hoping Ian Duncan Smith would have thrown his hat in.

Never mind.

I like Esther McVey but her voice just grinds on me. I dont think I could ever watch PMQs again knowing that she would be ranting for an hour a week.

Matt Hancock makes no sense he sounds like a rambling pot head who got ambushed by the marketing department.

Michael Gove is only a Brexiteer so he wouldnt look like Cameron's puppet. I don't think he believes himself.

Boris ... fckwit

Sajid Javed ... send in the navy and the RAF over 3 migrants in a blow up dinghy. Inflated ego and over reacts.

Rory Stewart - just no no no. He was in the army in his gap year when he was at Eton and suddenly he's Chuck Norris. If ever we wanted any of these as "The Face of Britain" I dont want the posters to look like "Where's Wally".

I dont knew who Sam Ghymmi (?) is ... never heard of him. Looking at how many people are backing him it doesn't look like the Conservative party has heard of him either.

Jeremy Hunt - unpopular as Health Minister, equally as unpopular as Foreign Secretary and if he becomes prime minister people will be making rude rhymes about his name instead of listening to his boring same old same old policies and other useless garbage he comes out with.

If you look at a picture of the 10 candidates it looks just like a picture of The Bash Street Kids out of the Beano.

Nigel .... help !!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Oh and before I forget ...

Dominic Raab ..... under study of quitter ex Brexit Secretary David Davis who failed to deliver Brexit, who taught him all he knows.

And now he too is a quitter ex Brexit Secretary and also, failed to deliver Brexit.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Never mind.

I like Esther McVey but her voice just grinds on me. I dont think I could ever watch PMQs again knowing that she would be ranting for an hour a week.

Matt Hancock makes no sense he sounds like a rambling pot head who got ambushed by the marketing department.

Michael Gove is only a Brexiteer so he wouldnt look like Cameron's puppet. I don't think he believes himself.

Boris ... fckwit

Sajid Javed ... send in the navy and the RAF over 3 migrants in a blow up dinghy. Inflated ego and over reacts.

Rory Stewart - just no no no. He was in the army in his gap year when he was at Eton and suddenly he's Chuck Norris. If ever we wanted any of these as "The Face of Britain" I dont want the posters to look like "Where's Wally".

I dont knew who Sam Ghymmi (?) is ... never heard of him. Looking at how many people are backing him it doesn't look like the Conservative party has heard of him either.

Jeremy Hunt - unpopular as Health Minister, equally as unpopular as Foreign Secretary and if he becomes prime minister people will be making rude rhymes about his name instead of listening to his boring same old same old policies and other useless garbage he comes out with.

If you look at a picture of the 10 candidates it looks just like a picture of The Bash Street Kids out of the Beano.

Nigel .... help !!

IDS was elected leader of the scumbag 'nasty party' some years ago, but made a complete hash of it and the 'men in grey suits' called on him armed with huge knives which they delivered into his back - end of IDS as leader !!!

The scumbag 'nasty party' have apparently satisfied the Sex Discrimination Act by having two token females on the candidate list, but given the record of the present incumbent, is it likely that the rank and file would vote for either of them ??? - unlikely.

As to David Ghymah - the token ethnic candidate - I'm not surprised that he failed to get a sufficient number of supporters to allow his candidature to proceed - the scumbag 'nasty party' have a lot of form on being racist !!!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-06-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
IDS was elected leader of the scumbag 'nasty party' some years ago, but made a complete hash of it and the 'men in grey suits' called on him armed with huge knives which they delivered into his back - end of IDS as leader !!!

The scumbag 'nasty party' have apparently satisfied the Sex Discrimination Act by having two token females on the candidate list, but given the record of the present incumbent, is it likely that the rank and file would vote for either of them ??? - unlikely.

As to David Ghymah - the token ethnic candidate - I'm not surprised that he failed to get a sufficient number of supporters to allow his candidature to proceed - the scumbag 'nasty party' have a lot of form on being racist !!!

If you want racism then labour is king..... a moral wasteland indeed....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I really despair!. And this is the pick of the crop to take us out of the EU by 31.10.19?

What are your opinions on the above?
None of the above.

Whoever they elect, I'm sure the Conservatives will be as hopeless as they have been under May. I can't think of a decent one except for Rees-Mogg, and he wouldn't be able to do anything with all the rest arguing among themselves.

So we wait for the next general election and, while we wait, the same old pantomime plays along in the Commons.

Then, in 2022 (or possibly before) we have a choice of the same 'two main parties', though the Limp Dems may have resurrected themselves from the dead. Our only hope, of course, is the Brexit Party which, with God's good grace, will have organised themselves by then.

Unfortunately, I predict that we'll find that most of the electorate turns out to be frightened of voting for a 'new party' as "they don't know anything about them" and "I can't vote for them because my dad never voted for them".

So we'll end up with 'a few of each' in Parliament.

The Limp Dems will ally themselves with Compo and they might, just might, end up with a working majority and I don't need to explain what will happen to the country then, except that we'll still be in the EU.

The country's had it.

(Yes, I know I keep saying that, but I'm afraid it's true. I see no light at the end of the tunnel.)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Never mind.

Boris ... fckwit

Nigel .... help !!
That leaves Andrea Leadsom - think she'll be better than that lot you've just posted.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2019, 07:48 AM

No matter who is eventually selected the Conservative party is finished, probably for decades. Deservedly so.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top