Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 10:43 PM

Re: I Don’t Suppose Anyone Knows What This Plant Is?

Is that your garden Art? It looks amazing.

By the way I think I am going to dream about your plant. It looks so familiar but.... maybe I am thinking of my oleanders but it's clearly not an oleander. I hope you get to the bottom of this and if you do find that it's mary jane then please do set up some ebay outlet so we can all appreciate it!
Juna
New Member!
South UK
Juna is female 

19-06-2019, 10:44 PM

I wonder if the plants that died got their roots down into something they didn’t like. Another thought is they didn’t get enough moisture because of the trees, unlikely I would think.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is that your garden Art? It looks amazing.

By the way I think I am going to dream about your plant. It looks so familiar but.... maybe I am thinking of my oleanders but it's clearly not an oleander. I hope you get to the bottom of this and if you do find that it's mary jane then please do set up some ebay outlet so we can all appreciate it!
Cor, Thanks, Annie. l love my garden, it is too much for me really but l never want to leave here. I stare at it and gasp at how lucky l am.

I hope your dream can solve the mystery! Is Mary Jane, you know what? I have never heard it called that before!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:04 PM

Does it look anything like this plant, Art?

https://gardenerspath.com/plants/orn...ls/grow-vitex/
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Does it look anything like this plant, Art?

https://gardenerspath.com/plants/orn...ls/grow-vitex/
Mags, The bud on my plant is only small and not a stem with lots of buds on it. So l don’t think it’s the same.

Thank You for looking and posting it though.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mags, The bud on my plant is only small and not a stem with lots of buds on it. So l don’t think it’s the same.

Thank You for looking and posting it though.
Back to the drawing board then.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 09:53 AM

Art, thanks for the info.

I have been pondering over the leaves of your plant, which look like they are in sets of five?

The only other thing I can think of is a baby Horse Chesnut tree. These have the 5 leaves, although that still doesn't look quite right.
The pointed looking bud still looks like the Rhode family to me.
See what you think anyway:

P.S. Lovely garden by the way.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:44 PM

It might be worth trying the Flora Incognita phone app. A friend showed me it last night and it works quite well. You open the app, take a pic of the plant and it goes through a database of 4,500+ plants and shrubs.

I tried it at my volunteer work place where I was sorting out a greenhouse and a small patch of garden. There were 5 or 6 grey plants growing (no flowers but there was a sort of bud unfurling) and I could tell they weren't weeds but no-one knew what they were. The app recognised them as poppies.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Art, thanks for the info.

I have been pondering over the leaves of your plant, which look like they are in sets of five?

The only other thing I can think of is a baby Horse Chesnut tree. These have the 5 leaves, although that still doesn't look quite right.
The pointed looking bud still looks like the Rhode family to me.
See what you think anyway:

P.S. Lovely garden by the way.
That crossed my mind too Mups.

It's a annoying because I feel as though I know it really well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-06-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Juna ->
I wonder if the plants that died got their roots down into something they didn’t like. Another thought is they didn’t get enough moisture because of the trees, unlikely I would think.
Sorry Juna, l must have overlooked your reply. I think the trees took all the goodness out of the ground.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top