Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Re: Making Garden Art.

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Plaster of Paris LD.
Mix and pour into the jelly or cake moulds.
To buy proper garden mould's it can turn out very expensive.
So I just use baking moulds and they last forever and are a dam sight cheaper.
Don't forget a small piece of wire from what you use holding plants up on the sticks.
Push the wire into the plaster straight after it has been poured and that is the hook you need to hang the models on the walls or fences.
Cheap as chips as that antique tango man used to say..
Genius!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 01:01 PM

It's a shame with all the talent on the forum, we can't all get together and hold a craft fair somewhere, I'm sure it would be brilliant and all proceeds going towards my Christmas fund..... I mean charity.

TracyG
Scotland
TracyG is female 

18-06-2019, 01:49 PM

I have a bee feeder and bird bath that I made in mosaics plus a small stone with a dog's paw on it and this rather random star fish which sits outside my bedroom doors where I can see it and the sea at the same time.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_133202.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	9913  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 02:15 PM

Lovely idea Tracy! I've seen painted stones but not mosaic ones!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:00 PM

I've got a lot of ornaments in my garden that I inherited from my Dad. I remember my Mum sitting and painstakingly painting them. They were in my parents garden for donkey's years. I got them around 2000/2001. In that time I've repainted them twice.

They do add a nice splash of colour when the garden is otherwise bare.

This is part of the front garden with some odd ornaments.

Front garden again with the painted barrows, and that blue planter I made from an old pallet. In the background there are some old plastic pots I painted a few years ago, looks like they need some attention actually.

This is under the hedge in the front garden, Snow White and the 5 dwarves, there did used to be 7, I know I broke one but I think there's another one maybe fallen over there somewhere as there were definitely 6 last time I looked. Maybe it escaped.

This is in the back garden, it's an old bird bath stand but the bath itself got broken so now I use it as a pot stand.

This is an assortment of ornaments, the ones in the background are sort of water based and are situated around my fake pond. And I especially like my dragon at the front.

And this is at the top of the back garden (the pyramid is a defunct water feature). You can just see Laurel and Hardy hiding behind the Cordyline at the back.

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Your garden is alive Nicol .
Looks good I bet that missing gnome is up to no good somewhere in the garden.
It is a nice past time to get the paint brush out and give them the odd coat of paint on a sunny day when there's nothing else going on.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2019, 11:06 PM

Veg are something that were cast aside many years ago during the drought of the 1970's Living in Kent then, and religiously lowered the bath water by bucket to water the leeks and sprouts for what seemed like months !

Husband came home from sea and said, " leeks are doing well, do you like leeks ? " " NO" I said, "Neither do I " he said. ( I do like them now.)

Then he went away again and came back later in the year and decided to so some weeding, including what he thought were cabbages that had gone to seed. However, they were the sprout plants !

That was the last straw. Never again.

The hanging baskets were hung so far up the garden it's too far to be running up and down with watering cans every night. Can't be arsed anymore.
Keep up the good work

@Nicol, Yours looks very busy and interesting to wander around. Very nice. Such a shame about the dwarfs.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top