Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:51 PM

Re: Contact Tracing on smartphones

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The hi-ighted makes no sense to me whatsoever Swim.

You say - "anyone who is positive will be identified".

You then go on to say - "we would be send a message to say they are infective and we need to keep out distance".

But the daftest bit of all is . . . they don't tell you who it is!!

So we'd best keep away from everyone incase they are the infected individual.

Erm . . . isn't this what we're doing anyway??

Hi

Nope, other Countries are doing much better than we are.

They have much reduced Deaths and are far more economically active.

We here in the UK are not doing well.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:24 PM

So, if I have this right from the information in this thread, this partially-implemented app MIGHT tell you that you MIGHT have come in contact with some passer-by who MIGHT be infected with Covid-19, but doesn't identify who it was or exactly when it was. However, vague though this information may be, it doesn't help out in any way with people who do not own a smartphone or with people who refuse to install the app anyway. Gosh, the power of technology!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:27 PM

That sounds about right to me, Tachyon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:48 PM

Swimmy, if you believe that we are responsible for messing up our children's lives why did you not do something sooner?
you tell us that your children have good jobs, and despite Guys poor health you have said that he still has his business, so in comparison to many other children they should be better off than most.

When I was 35 my dad died so I looked after my mum and 2 younger sisters. It isn't about how much money you give them, it is about caring for them so i paid for both of their weddings and made sure they always had food and a roof over their heads.
If Guy had been my son & earned £100K a year the wisest thing you could have done is to persuade him to invest the money....maybe in a house.
We all love our families and want them to do well, but the best thing we can teach them is how to provide for themselves.

The problems of the near future are probably the responsibility of CCP, who it seems were experimenting with viruses. If they have created Covid 19, it is them that are messing up your childrens lives... not us or the government !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
the hi-ighted makes no sense to me whatsoever swim.

You say - "anyone who is positive will be identified".

You then go on to say - "we would be send a message to say they are infective and we need to keep out distance".

But the daftest bit of all is . . . they don't tell you who it is!!

So we'd best keep away from everyone incase they are the infected individual.

Erm . . . Isn't this what we're doing anyway??

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sorry about this but I think you are missing the point.
Not something Foxy usually does.

The advantages are this. Anyone who is positive is identified. You are then sent a message that they are infective and you should keep your distance. The individual, known to the Authorities, is not identified to others.
'They' are not allowed to identify them - remember the Data Protection Act? So how do you know from whom you are supposed to stay away?

The upside is that you can go out in Freedom and no need to worry and go about your business.
Not if you don't know which of your friends/contacts may be infectious!

I have heard some daft things since this plague began ... but this 'Apps' thing is one of the daftest.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And I'll provide the transport Tabby....
Originally Posted by JBR ->
And I'll provide the shovels.
I may need to keep you both to that!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-04-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It all sounds a bit "Futurama" to me!
Says someone who has a Faraday cover for my phone.
I didn't buy it, daughter said I needed it! it doesn't match my tinfoil hat or brass goggles though
I bet it goes with the lightning rod in your bustle though!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-04-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
sadly that is another way to remove our freedom of choice!
If you choose to be profiled then you are allowing the profiling, but many people are not even aware that almost every action that you use a phone or pc for, means a profile is being created for you, and you are not aware. I mark every marketing e mail as spam.... Because i never willingly have given my e mail address to the people sending them.

You would have to be very naive, if you thought they were profiling you for you own benefit!:-d
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-04-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Unless 100% of people take up this app it will be a waste of time. Never in a million years will 100% of people install this app and nobody can be made to do so.
Precisely!

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top