Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:30 PM

I've gone and broken all the rule I set myself.

After my last dog died over 15 years ago I promised myself 'never again' so it lasted approximately 15 years.

I've almost decided on bringing a 13 year old almost blind and deaf Staffie home to live out his days in pampered luxury.

I must be stark raving mad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:49 PM

Re: I've gone and broken all the rule I set myself.

It's a very kind thought Tpin, but are you sure you're doing the right thing?

At that age and with his failing eyesight, he will perhaps need a fair bit more care and attention than a younger, fit dog, and have you thought what will you will do with him when you go back to Spain in May?
Will your servants and butler cope do you think?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:53 PM

I have thought it through, not quite 100% decided but very close.
Spain in May wouldn't be a problem 1) looks like the seller in Spain is holding out for more money 2) if I do go my sister will move in to my house for a week to care for him

She doesn't know it, yet
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:56 PM

Where is he now, in kennels? Do you know why he wasn't wanted any more, poor old dog. I love the oldies.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 10:10 PM

The elderly owner went in a home.
He's at an animal sanctuary where he's very well cared for. The staff adore him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:12 PM

I love staffs. they certainly don't deserve the bad press they get. Good on yer mate.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love staffs. they certainly don't deserve the bad press they get. Good on yer mate.
+1
I grew up with them, wonderful dogs.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
After my last dog died over 15 years ago I promised myself 'never again' so it lasted approximately 15 years.

I've almost decided on bringing a 13 year old almost blind and deaf Staffie home to live out his days in pampered luxury.

I must be stark raving mad.
No you aren't, you are a caring dog lover.
Good for you.
We never got another dog after Brandy. Should have, because the longer you leave it the less chance of getting another, which is us & we are too old to get another dog now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
He's at an animal sanctuary where he's very well cared for. The staff adore him.
In that case I would leave him there rather than upset him with another move and take one that isn't so lucky from the rescue kennels they are full of Staffs
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2016, 10:52 PM

If I hadn't been asked to supply a quote for work and seen this dog I wouldn't have considered another, never, I'm far too selfish with my time or lack of.

But this old boy ain't got a lot of time left so I'd rather make his days enjoyable. He doesn't want/like/need much exercise and I have a large garden he can meander around.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top