Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Re: Useless bloody Americans!!!

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
Aiming is not what they are good at!
That is what "er indoors" says about me!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
This is whats going to happen in Syria the americans will end up bombing some Russian base etc and the Russians will retaliate and that will be it.
Don't be silly, we have Joe and Corbyn to protect our nation.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 05:10 PM

As opposed to Peppa the pig and Gordon the gopher.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Sadly I am an American and I agree with you completely. I've read quite a bit about modern warfare. The problem is they can get a possible position of an enemy but sometimes it's just the position of people unknown. They did that on a beach one time. They bombed the remnants of a shack and yes someone was hiding in there. A refugee and two young boys. Oops, collateral damage.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
As opposed to Peppa the pig and Gordon the gopher.
Hell no, Peppa the pig is our main means to combat ISS, any Muslim killed by a pig will not be accepted into the new promised land , they are terrified of him.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 06:09 PM

I think I'd better stay out of this one.
The only thing I detest more than yappy bloody dogs and fauna-killing cats are gung-ho Yanks who dismiss "collateral damage" off-hand and lie about the extent of it.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ikes-kill-1147
41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground ....

Many of the civilian non-combatants murdered or maimed are children ..
And it's going on, not just in Afghanistan/Pakistan, but all over the Middle East.

Shame !
And the UK AND Australia are complicit.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 06:32 PM

The luftwaffe had a saying in ww2
" when the germans bomb the british take cover
when the british bomb the germans take cover
when the americans bomb we all take cover"
dukeofearl
south coast uk

03-10-2015, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The luftwaffe had a saying in ww2
" when the germans bomb the british take cover
when the british bomb the germans take cover
when the americans bomb we all take cover"
Good one
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 10:34 PM

By an irony I had an appeal from Medecins Sans Frontiers in today's mail describing the good work they were doing in Afghanistan.

It is not as if this was somewhere in long term occupied territory. This hospital had been there for some time and was in previously American controlled territory so they should have had precise GPS coordinates for it and know to avoid it. Their smart bombs are guided by GPS. They should not have bombed a hospital even if enemy troops were hiding in it and that has been said by some to constitute a War Crime under International Law.

I agree with Meg's views on Bush and Blair's interference in Afghanistan in the first place. Bush just wanted to find a scapegoat for revenge for 9/11.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2015, 10:40 PM

They did have the exact location, GPS, it had been given several times. There really is no excuse. One wonders, if because they knew that 15 terrorists were sheltering there, the place was deliberately targeted.
It's hard to believe it was an accident.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top