Join for free
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

07-07-2011, 03:00 PM

You MUST read this!

Well, this is my first review ...and I hope it's ok!

This is THE funniest book I've ever read ...and I'm an avid reader.

Police, Crime & 999 The True Story of a Front Line officer by John Donoghue

I saw the quote It is fantastic and I have not stopped laughing …It should be in the best seller list or prescribed as a ‘pick me up’ written by the editor of GiddyLimits (an online magazine for ober 50's) on the author's own website http://www.policecrime999.com but never one to believe all the hype, I checked it out for myself.

What can I say ..it is a brilliant book!

It comes with the warning Contains Humour and Traces of Nuts and answers the questions:

What REALLY happens behind the scenes in the police?

What bizarre 999 calls are made to the emergency services?

Why can wearing two pairs of socks make you a suspect?

What is the link between police and vampires?

Which Royal arrest never made news headlines?

Why do some women offer to take their knickers down when police knock on their door?

What covert sign do officers make when they no longer wish to talk to you?

It is the tale of a former soldier turned businessman who got to his 40's and discovered he was bored. So, instead of just sticking in there until he collected his pension, he just handed back his company car and started all over again, joining the police as a PC.

He has a natural talent for writing and a sharp wit, resulting in a story that genuinely will have you laughing out loud. It's a claim that many books make but don't deliver ... but this does ..by the shedload!

What makes it all the better is that it's all true.

His previous book was described as Bill Bryson on Magic Mushrooms so guess what I'm off to buy next?

Superb ...if you only get one book this year ... Police, Crime & 999 is it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Re: You MUST read this!

That sounds like a bundle of laughs Westie, I'll see if I can get it over here. Thanks.
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

04-08-2011, 08:15 PM

Re: You MUST read this!

The author is on Talk Radio Europe on Wednesday 10th Aug ay 0930 our time ...not sure what that will be in Spain ... wonder if he talks as good a story as he writes!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top