Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: Odd

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
does it need it's i-pads changing and you do know the chemist sells cream for painful androids

I'll bear it in mind.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Do the main computers have HDDs and not SSDs? If you came in and quickly warmed the house up, it could just be possible that condensation formed on the disks (or anywhere else inside the computer) since the air was warmed and the metal and other components would still be cold.

Even though the disks are enclosed, they still must have a small amount of air in them. The iPad is pretty much a sealed item with solid storage and so wouldn't get the problem.

Just a possibility.

Edit: This used to be a problem with installing video recorders in the winter. Take them into a warm house from a cold place and condensation would immediately form on the video head. They used to have a sensor for this but it was best not relied on. Better to wait a while.
Makes sense.

But

Only trouble was.

Came home connected the Boiler which did not work for half an hour(had forgot to turn the gas back on)

Both Comps crashed before the heating kicked in.

Fine next day both worked.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Makes sense.

But

Only trouble was.

Came home connected the Boiler which did not work for half an hour(had forgot to turn the gas back on)

Both Comps crashed before the heating kicked in.

Fine next day both worked.
In that case, I dunno.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top