Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:22 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Things can be simple, if you work hard enough at it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 11:45 AM

By chance when visiting Deal l saw Hawtreys blue house plaque and hearing how he was so disliked by others who were no better than him with their problems you wondered what it must have been like working with such a bunch. Can't have been much fun

As spitty points out Things can be simple, if you work hard enough at it....but I feel with that lot nowt would have been simple no matter how hard they worked at it.

Interesting write up

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyou...hated-everyone
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Things can be simple, if you work hard enough at it.
Hi Ho, Hi Ho...That reminds me of this

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:39 PM

The evil Queen looked into the magic mirror and said

“Oh mirror mirror, tell me tonight
Whatever happened to Snow White?”

“Snow White lives in a forest glen
In a pretty little cottage, with seven little men”

“Seven little men to tend her every nod and wink
“Nice work Snowy, but what will the neighbours think?”

There is a ladies beauty facility in our shopping centre, it’s opened now for over a year and as my area contains mostly older folks they get a lot of custom.
The battle of the sexes still goes on in a friendly way here and the local old lads call the place “Wrecksavers”
Old Johnny in the pub who does handy work for the shop tells us that they take the old dears into a dry dock, give them a good hosing down, overhaul them, select trendy clothes to refit them, and finally paint them, they come out all ship shape and Bristol fashion feeling wonderful, and that has to be good for you.
If you listen to the comments of the old lads who hang around the corner watching all the oul ones go by on their way to bingo you’ll hear things like this
“Begod Mick, will ya look at the arse on oul Julia!, she must have went to Wrecksavers” and “Didn’t they do a grand job on old Betty’s sagging boobs, bet she went to Wrecksavers”

Here’s another satisfied customer just come out of Wrecksavers, this is former Sister Mary Madeline from the nearby convert, she’s 81 now and retired, she got a gift voucher for Wrecksavers from Fr. Burke as a birthday present, cool eh?

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Hi Ho, Hi Ho...That reminds me of this

Been digging in for years, one thing I have learnt is Diamonds don't shine, they reflect.
solo
UK

01-12-2019, 11:41 AM

That sister photo would have once raised many an eyebrow and the comments would have flowed thick and fast... "Mutton dressed as lamb" being the politest.

If we had seen her flouncing down our street dressed like that we would have ran home yelling for our Mams to come and get an eyeful at the sight and it would have been god help her for the remarks that would have followed her till she either ran off or fainted on the spot.

You were thought fast and loose if you were seen in hair rollers no matter if you did have a scarf covering them and as for wearing a red cardy in broad daylight.. Yee gawds.. you were sure the heavens would fall down or the ground would open up and swallow the wearer. Us kids would watch hoping to see it happen but it never did although one women did fall down a left open beer cellar delivery door which is as near as dammit I suppose.

By the way I think Sister Mary looks fabulous except for....those ghastly dalmation boots. (C'mon what did you expect I'm a women so I was bound to find fault somewhere)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

01-12-2019, 11:41 PM

Stuff bashes backwards and forwards on this thread, names appear and disappear ad infinitum, does it take a lot of Faith to keep on posting here.
solo
UK

02-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Now if you tought I was going to put George Micaels Fait on....you coudn't ave been wronger. I will let Benny explain in is poem about Fait, ope and Carity.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote Solo:

"By the way I think Sister Mary looks fabulous except for....those ghastly dalmation boots. (C'mon what did you expect I'm a women so I was bound to find fault somewhere"

Why oh why are women so critical of other women?
They seldom if ever have a good word to say about how other women look, behave, dress, smile, talk, etc., especially if they are any younger than themselves. My missus always has some remark to pass on TV female presenters and actors, remarks like “Ah now Jimmy, don’t you think she’s a bit long in the tooth to be wearing that dress?”
She never fails, why is that? you won’t get men doing that.

Joking apart, I think it’s a woman’s privilege to dress anyway she wants to no matter what age they are, it’s really up to themselves, dye the hair by all means, no one bats an eyelid when a woman’s hair is dyed , or “coloured” if you prefer, personally I love blonde colour but well styled natural silver hair on women I find very attractive too.
The only suggestion I would give, especially to the very old, is don’t whatever you do, let it all hang out, especially in the front, it’s inclined to sort of spread out all over the place, if you follow me, keep it in place but not gone altogether.
I don’t go along with plastic surgery except in cases of medical needs, such as with severe burns and the like.
That’s all today from Marjory Proops folks.

The lady below, the Duchess of Alba, was one of the richest women in the world, she also held more titles than any other dignitary in the world, and she was a direct descendant of King James II, she was worth 5 billion dollars when she died in 2014 aged 88.
According to what I’ve read, she was a lovely person who liked a bit of craic, and was well loved by the Spanish people. Rest her soul.
How sad she had an obsession with plastic surgery, she would had looked a lot better if she had avoided the knife altogether, such a shame and so sad.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

03-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Duchess of Alba, fancy that, getting so wealthy making Radiograms!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top