Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Re: A Quiet Sunday

Good afternoon all. I'm not long out of bed as I've been trying to sweat away this nasty cold with hot drinks of whiskey, lemon and cloves, I feel a lot better than I did last night. Oh what a night!, my throat was as dry as a kangaroo's jockstrap, my eyes ran like Niagara Falls and there was an explosion in my head every time I coughed, but I'm over the worst of it now and I'm taking things easy for the rest of the day. I hope those of you who haven't caught this particularly nasty cold will be spared the ordeal, and if you've had it not to get it again this winter.
Hope you made the best of the day Folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Good Morning Bob, Berxer and Everyone Another very damp and dreich day up here in Renfrewshire!! Although not cold at 9 degrees C!! (I can't find the degree sign on my pc!)

Many thanks, Bob, for those two links. Both great ones. Will be watching the Remembrance Sunday on TV and thinking about the lives lost thru' wars.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today, whatever you do.

Take care.
Brandykins, if you use Firefox, click on Edit at the top left and Special Characters will come up; click that and you'll find the ℃ and ℉ which you can drag to your post.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi all! Very nice for almost mid-November: sunny, gentle breeze, nearing 11:30 A M and 12℃ (53 ℉). Just back from getting (just junk) mail and Leia's daily salad greens! One of the tenants was teasing me about going out to get "grass" (pot, weed, maryjane), so decided I'll call it salad! No news, dinner will be broiled crab cake, fresh spinach and potatoes rissole.

Meg, ironing ???!!! If it needs ironing I don't buy it. That's right up there with window washing and oven cleaning as the most awful chores. Barry, I cannot believe you actually like it......

Enjoy the day!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 05:57 PM

That was lovely AB John Lennon was always my favourite beatle, thankyou.Well its cold here and damp, real November weather.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->

Meg, ironing ???!!! If it needs ironing I don't buy it. That's right up there with window washing and oven cleaning as the most awful chores. Barry, I cannot believe you actually like it......
I'm afraid it's true Eileen, one of my many guilty secrets.. I think the most mundane task can be made a pleasure with the right frame of mind, so that you can derive satisfaction from doing the job well..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Good morning everyone from a gloomy Sherwood with heavy overcast and drizzle...never mind, raincoat at the ready and I'm off to the Cenotaph shortly for the remembrance parade..

Don't bother with the ironing Meg, I love it, so I'll nip over later and clear the pile for you..(virtually)...

Have a good day all.

Barry
Barry my Dad used to love ironing , he was very good at it too right down to starching shirt collars.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 09:11 PM

My husband also does the ironing ..... he actually asked if I would allow him to do it! Of course I ummed and arrghed at first...... as you do ....... then told him he could try it ....

Best decision I ever made!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Been a lovely day here, blue sky, sunshine and a mild 16C

Few household jobs, then met my friend and went walking this afternoon, making the most of the weather! Apparently it's going to drop by 5C-big difference!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top