Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Re: Menopause funnies

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Sorry that you are suffering so much Anita - I didn't have the hot flushes fortunately. I was just reading this:-

Oestrogen and progestogen

All women who have not had a hysterectomy will be advised to take 'combined HRT' which contains oestrogen and progestogen.

I couldn't get on with HRT, I suffer badly with headaches and it made them worse, however I do use Vagifem which is a 'local' HRT and Replens - I get them on prescription too. At one time the doctor would only let you use Vagifem for a limited time, if you hadn't had a hysterectomy, but apparently that 'thinking' has changed so I'm on them all the time now.

It has been hellish for me, puberty was a walk in the park compared to menopause. It started back in 2006 with nite sweats, and took off from there. I now have to wear head coverings as I lost so much of my hair during the early days of it. Here we are 9 years on, my skin is drier than normal, libido ? what's that ?, I'm still fairly bald and still get hot flashes. The whole thing sucks !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 07:14 PM

I was put into surgical menopause this time last year, due to a cyst that was a bit suspect. I have to admit that I don't believe I've had many symptoms of menopause. I do feel very warm during the night particularly, and cannot wear pyjamas in bed. i would find them unbearable. I've always had dry, sensitive skin anyway. Maybe a bit tearful now and then, but I've always been too soft anyway! So I can't complain, compared to some.

My mum had awful hot flushes, but I can't say I've been anything like that - yet
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I was put into surgical menopause this time last year, due to a cyst that was a bit suspect. I have to admit that I don't believe I've had many symptoms of menopause. I do feel very warm during the night particularly, and cannot wear pyjamas in bed. i would find them unbearable. I've always had dry, sensitive skin anyway. Maybe a bit tearful now and then, but I've always been too soft anyway! So I can't complain, compared to some.

My mum had awful hot flushes, but I can't say I've been anything like that - yet

My mother had a similar experience, she developed uterine cancer when I was 5 back in 1966 and as she already had two unwanted children, she opted for a hysterectomy rather than treatment/chemo, putting her into full blown menopause at age 36.

I can not wear pyjamas anymore either. I wear cotton nite shirts, and even in Feb, I often have the window open, the heat is unbearable at times for me. The saddest part for me was all my hair loss now I just wear hair coverings as what I have left is not worth mentioning.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by MADAMENOTMISS ->
My mother had a similar experience, she developed uterine cancer when I was 5 back in 1966 and as she already had two unwanted children, she opted for a hysterectomy rather than treatment/chemo, putting her into full blown menopause at age 36.

I can not wear pyjamas anymore either. I wear cotton nite shirts, and even in Feb, I often have the window open, the heat is unbearable at times for me. The saddest part for me was all my hair loss now I just wear hair coverings as what I have left is not worth mentioning.
Och Tish, I'm sorry about your hair loss. Men hate hair loss, but it's even more difficult for women. That's the thing with menopause, there are so many different symptoms and everyone suffers little or many. Have you had a look at a site called Menopause Matters? It gives lots of information. I had a look at it, not for meno, but because I was given a d and c without any type of sedation, which was barbaric. The site is fab. Have a look
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN

19-01-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Och Tish, I'm sorry about your hair loss. Men hate hair loss, but it's even more difficult for women. That's the thing with menopause, there are so many different symptoms and everyone suffers little or many. Have you had a look at a site called Menopause Matters? It gives lots of information. I had a look at it, not for meno, but because I was given a d and c without any type of sedation, which was barbaric. The site is fab. Have a look
Thank you kindly Alice, I will go there. You had a D and C without sedation ?????????? I am ready to pass out at the thought, barbaric hardly describes it. I am going to be seeing an endocrinologist soon as my eyebrows are now going as well, and with my cold hands and feet, obesity and low body temp, that all points to hypothyroidism.

All I need is more pills............sigh.

On the other hand if my hair grows back it will be worth it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top