Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Re: Stocks and Shares?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I should be able to work out which will return an adequate amount.
Doesn't matter which site you use. They all charge you the "spread" and fees and they all work to relieve you of your money.

As for risking £1000 - well, why not? Maybe just a few £100 is sufficient to test the waters come to that, and probably is. Should be fun.
You still don't appear to understand the concept of "leverage" which is THE SINGULAR MOST IMPORTANT aspect of spread betting.

When you deposit your £1000 in the account you ARE NOT RISKING £1000. You are risking many multiples of that amount. Seriously you need to understand this. You could deposit that £1000, place a £1 bet and find that you owe £5,000 !

Demo or no the same figures would have been touted on a 'live' account.
Sigh . . . .

But on a demo account you don't have teams of financial sharks actively working to make the bet go against you do you?!!!! Seriously this is utter naivety. Equally with a demo account there is no risk, no emotion, if you lose, so what? Hence when a bet starts to go against you in a demo account you just leave it, confident that it will turn around. In real life that wouldn't happen.

Not one of my deals failed. In fact not one of my deals have failed since I have applied the same tactics to all of my accounts.
Yep, because it's NOT REAL LIFE ! Seriously these statements are hugely worrying MJK.

At this moment in time I can't really see how I can lose
But you will once you enter the real world. Yet another hapless mugpunter who isn't a financial guru, has never done spread betting before but believes he has a system that will make him £000s that no-one has thought of before. You'll be on the phone to the helpdesk in no time complaining bitterly at how rigged the system is, how they manipulated the prices to close out your bet, how the system had a hiccup and didn't let you close the bet before it was too late etc etc. Dude the helpdesks get 100s of these calls every day, they are geared up for it.

My advice is to not put £1000 in an account. If you're determined to learn the hard way, deposit just £100 and only make tiny bets of the order of 1 pence to 10 pence per pip.

I'm going to tell you once more what IS going to happen.

Your first few bets in REAL MONEY definitely WILL WIN

It is the Honeymoon period to suck you in and make you up your betting stakes. Everyone gets a Honeymoon period.

When it happens, take the tiny profits and run.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Hi

The people who make the real money work for the big trading companies.

They have access to real time information, 24/7 and very sophisticated computer programmes which will react automatically.

They are the ones who make the real money and even then it can go very badly wrong.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Doesn't matter which site you use. They all charge you the "spread" and fees and they all work to relieve you of your money.

You still don't appear to understand the concept of "leverage" which is THE SINGULAR MOST IMPORTANT aspect of spread betting.

When you deposit your £1000 in the account you ARE NOT RISKING £1000. You are risking many multiples of that amount. Seriously you need to understand this. You could deposit that £1000, place a £1 bet and find that you owe £5,000 !

Sigh . . . .

But on a demo account you don't have teams of financial sharks actively working to make the bet go against you do you?!!!! Seriously this is utter naivety. Equally with a demo account there is no risk, no emotion, if you lose, so what? Hence when a bet starts to go against you in a demo account you just leave it, confident that it will turn around. In real life that wouldn't happen.

Yep, because it's NOT REAL LIFE ! Seriously these statements are hugely worrying MJK.

But you will once you enter the real world. Yet another hapless mugpunter who isn't a financial guru, has never done spread betting before but believes he has a system that will make him £000s that no-one has thought of before. You'll be on the phone to the helpdesk in no time complaining bitterly at how rigged the system is, how they manipulated the prices to close out your bet, how the system had a hiccup and didn't let you close the bet before it was too late etc etc. Dude the helpdesks get 100s of these calls every day, they are geared up for it.

My advice is to not put £1000 in an account. If you're determined to learn the hard way, deposit just £100 and only make tiny bets of the order of 1 pence to 10 pence per pip.

I'm going to tell you once more what IS going to happen.

Your first few bets in REAL MONEY definitely WILL WIN

It is the Honeymoon period to suck you in and make you up your betting stakes. Everyone gets a Honeymoon period.

When it happens, take the tiny profits and run.
Shit Realist. Who the f*** do you think I am? Who the f*** do you think you are come to that? Such a condescending attitude beggars belief.

I sodding well do know about leverage. How many times have I got to say so?

Bloody well fed up of you. Taking me for a fool.

I have come across doubters like you so many times in my life, and I have proved them wrong each and every time. Take my websites for example. Every supposedly knowledgeable affiliate told me I was wasting my time creating the sites I wanted to create. Google was against such sites etc etc. My attitude was, 'Sod Google and sod the doubters too. I will do as I want'. I proved them wrong. The money I made from the websites I created I'm living off right now.

Take my running as another example. Quite a number of people told me I was too old when I reached the age of 40. So negative about my age and so on. It wasn't possible to run a certain time for this reason alone they said. One in particular more or less told me to grow up and stop wasting my time. The weekend after this chat I ran in 2 events and won both. I then went on to win a load of other races too. If I had listened to the likes of him my running career would have been over.

Now bugger off and stop treating me as if I'm an ignorant child. It is pissing me off big time.

You want to get off that high horse of yours before you isolate yourself totally. No-one wants to be talked down to in such a manner. Certainly not me, and I won't stand for it any longer.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 08:16 PM

lols

You're gonna get creamed, but you'll never tell us the truth on this forum when it happens. It'll be all winnings and no losses.

You very clearly did NOT understand leverage as your previous posts make it painfully clear. But hey ho. Your pride has been hurt and now you've gone all aggressive.

This is a lesson you're going to have to learn by experience. I just hope you don't lose too much in the process.

As Swimfeeders says, you're up against thousands of very savvy and very wealthy finance people and sophisticated computer systems. You are their bread and butter. Those systems exist for such mug punters.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 09:40 PM

lols

You're gonna get creamed, but you'll never tell us the truth on this forum when it happens. It'll be all winnings and no losses.

You very clearly did NOT understand leverage as your previous posts make it painfully clear. But hey ho. Your pride has been hurt and now you've gone all aggressive.

This is a lesson you're going to have to learn by experience. I just hope you don't lose too much in the process.

As Swimfeeders says, you're up against thousands of very savvy and very wealthy finance people and sophisticated computer systems. You are their bread and butter. Those systems exist for such mug punters.
Realist you are nothing much of anything. Your weakness is your arrogance. Because of this you are unable to weigh the qualities of another as you lack empathy. I have seen this from day one. It is your achilles heel. In a way I pity you. It is obvious you are not playing with a full set of cards. Believe in yourself by all means but when that belief is based on rocky foundations you are screwed - as in your case.

Ask yourself why you are going so overboard on this issue? Have you lost money yourself? I bet you have. Because of this, and your arrogance / pride, you think everyone else must too to vindicate your loss.

This isn't just about spread betting is it. Nope, just something else you can wage war on to show your superiority. Never cut it with me from day one. I believe in myself too, and I'm pretty sure my foundations are deep and strong; unlike yours, which appear shaky in the extreme. No doubt about my pedigree at all, and I continue to prove it too .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2017, 10:20 PM

Realist you are nothing much of anything. Your weakness is your arrogance. Because of this you are unable to weigh the qualities of another as you lack empathy. I have seen this from day one. It is your achilles heel. In a way I pity you. It is obvious you are not playing with a full set of cards. Believe in yourself by all means but when that belief is based on rocky foundations you are screwed - as in your case.

Ask yourself why you are going so overboard on this issue? Have you lost money yourself? I bet you have. Because of this, and your arrogance / pride, you think everyone else must too to vindicate your loss.

This isn't just about spread betting is it. Nope, just something else you can wage war on to show your superiority. Never cut it with me from day one. I believe in myself too, and I'm pretty sure my foundations are deep and strong; unlike yours, which appear shaky in the extreme. No doubt about my pedigree at all, and I continue to prove it too .
MJK that's a bunch of jibberish nonsense. You've reverted right back to where you started out on the forum sadly. All aggression, disparagement, playing the man not the ball.

I put effort into the thread because I have experience of the stock markets and spread betting and the things you were saying clearly identified that you needed some advice.
Things like not realising that a frigging demo account is nothing like real life and will never operate the same way.
Things like saying you're going to risk £1000 and that's all when in fact you'd be risking a ton more than that due to the high leveraged position.

This isn't a competition, it's not about who is best. I'm not here to measure penis sizes.

You are naïve to the world of spread betting and I've tried to explain the dangers to you. Unfortunately you take everything as a personal assault which is a shame.

I'll leave it here. I'm not interested in your silly disparagements and inability to play the ball. Genuinely hope you don't lose too much.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2017, 10:25 PM

I'll leave it here. I'm not interested in your silly disparagements and inability to play the ball.
Good, because I stopped reading your bullshit some time ago.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 02:11 PM

Never gamble after a drink or three unless it is in Fine Wine-and that takes years to mature.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 10:53 PM

This Is quite bonkers, one geezer has gone to great lengths, the other geezer has stated the stoic, well, what will be, will be.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This Is quite bonkers, one geezer has gone to great lengths, the other geezer has stated the stoic, well, what will be, will be.
Indeed. My very first statement in the thread proved right:

"Ok this will likely fall on deaf ears" !

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top