Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 10:57 PM

Re: Justice US Style

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is a flaw in that statement MKJ, in that you supposedly retain the ability to Run.
What has been happening is that many have been 'turning the other cheek' in the mistaken belief it is the 'Christian way'. But this is the wrong approach as this was meant only on a personal level ...

Originally Posted by gotquestions
To "turn the other cheek," does not imply pacifism, nor does it mean we place ourselves or others in mortal danger. Like the principle of the eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth in Matthew 5:38, turning the other cheek refers to personal retaliation, not criminal offences or acts of military aggression. Clearly, Jesus did not mean to negate all God’s laws and injunctions protecting us against violent crime or invading armies. Rather, Jesus is speaking here of the principle of non-retaliation to affronts against our own dignity, as well as lawsuits to gain one’s personal assets (v. 40), infringements on one’s liberty (v. 41), and violations of property rights (v. 42). He was calling for a full surrender of all personal rights.
Anyway, once backed into a corner you either surrender or fight.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 11:06 PM

Quite right MKJ, sometimes there is not time to consult the database, but, years ago, this would not have been a consideration, anything could have happened.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Fed up of the left view that defending yourself these days needs to be justified by all sorts of crap. Fed up of a lot of left, PC views - and thankfully many others are too.
How please tell me how it is 'Left view' ?

British Law states reasonable force is allowed to defend yourself.
If that is using a shotgun to fight off someone with a shotgun is reasonable.

Bludgeoning a shadowy unarmed figure to death with a golf club in the darkness of your garden is not.

Nothing Left or PC about British Law, turning the other cheek is something else entirely.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 12:08 AM

If she was stupid enough to leave her car open and her purse on display then I have no sympathy for her. Being pregnant is no excuse for her crazy behaviour. It's like leaving a fiver on the ground and then punching a passerby for picking it up.
Deborah
New Member!
US
Deborah is female 

02-07-2017, 12:48 AM

I agree with Anne S. But after all, it IS WalMart!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 12:58 AM

Slight flaw in the Vidio.

The one I watched showed two men stopping this person from breaking into this woman car.

She came back as he ran off with her purse so she ran the scum bag down.

Kudos to her.

Ps total vid I watched including statements by the witnesses never mention she was arrested over this.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
How please tell me how it is 'Left view' ?

British Law states reasonable force is allowed to defend yourself.
If that is using a shotgun to fight off someone with a shotgun is reasonable.

Bludgeoning a shadowy unarmed figure to death with a golf club in the darkness of your garden is not.

Nothing Left or PC about British Law, turning the other cheek is something else entirely.
Hi

I think that there may be a misunderstanding here.

Reasonable force does not mean matching weapons with weapons.

I agree with Tpin, if they are fleeing the scene, you are in no danger, leave them to the Police.

The only exception to this is if you are protecting others.

Some good examples of this are the recent terrorist attacks, nobody will be prosecuted for chasing them and throwing bottles and chairs etc at them.

If you are elderly or weak and faced with a young fit attacker, you are allowed to use a bigger weapon.

Once they are disabled, of course you are not allowed to batter them the death.

There is a defense in English Law, that you were in fear of your life, so a golf club may well be perfectly reasonable under certain circumstances.

I have to disagree with Bruv.

It is a leftist view, very much so.

If you work in Enforcement and push comes to shove and the other person comes off worse then you are presumed to be at fault, which is rubbish.

I got a proper kicking when I was on my crutches, I was doing Home Office Certificates at the time, came across an impersonation scam, sadly quite common.

First question when I saw the Equalities Officer, who was investigating it, was what did you do to upset them?

My job was the answer.

No sympathy, no concern, just a presumption of guilt.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah ->
I agree with Anne S. But after all, it IS WalMart!

What "s wrong with Walmart ?
Love it to bits, nothing you can"t get there.
My shop of choice when in the USA.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Who knows how we would have reacted, I have surprised myself on a couple of occasions when faced with danger. I doubt I would have run him over though but give him a nasty scare... Oh yes
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Hi

It is very strange for me at the moment, gone from being fit and capable of doing what I know I can do to being unable to knock the skin off a rice pudding as we say.

I struggle now to lift a 25 litre water container, but I am getting better, albeit slowly.

Not good for the male ego.

I am not looking forward to being old and frail.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top