Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:52 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
An excellent rant nevertheless
Hear hear.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
A huge majority of the UK knew free speech was a load of croc when Nigel Farage, nearing the last years of his time as UKIP leader, tried to stand up and explain to the UK public what was going on with regards to a certain ethnic minority, coming on mass to the UK illegally, blowing up people that disagreed with them, killing people that made fun of their prophet, killers and rapists using human rights laws to avoid deportation to their own country, trying to tell the country how it really is and before he really got a chance to do it, he was immediately called homophobic and a racist and it was printed across the tabloid press daily and on news channels on television. His freedom of speech was curtailed because certain people did not like the prospect of the truths he was about to say so they shut him down with words of homophobic and racist.

People think the UK has freedom of speech but actually it doesn't.
Absolutely.
Despite the fact that Nigel never managed to become an MP, I have no doubt that he had, and still has, a great deal of public support.
His problem was that he was a victim of the electoral system. To clarify, a completely new political party is not going to get elected to government.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
To be honest I think if the lad who took the penalty was white twitter would have been just as bad, the lad who missed the penalty would have been torn apart. Just so happens he was black so race has been brought into it. Racism is not only one sided.

Like someone else on here said, black or white treat me right and I respect you, do wrong and I wont respect you .
Exactly ... he got it in the neck, or they got it in the neck, because they're professional footballers paid thousands of pounds for kicking a ball and they cocked up and couldn't get a piddly ball in the back of a net.
Bad news for all those fans. The OTT hype about the match didn't help either with Boris muttering on about an extra Bank Holiday.

To be honest, I'm getting fed up of seeing black people everywhere this year. Reading the news, cluttering up TV adverts ...moaning about BLM or racism or how they don't win awards.
What percentage of the population are they supposed to be?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:09 PM

So much mutual back patting going on in recognition of each other's spouting of over simplistic clap trap.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-07-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Wokeism is being ignored by all major parties. Its a very dangerous situation we are in.

As long as it is ignored the more our freedom and liberty is eroded
Very true.
My hope is that the 'woke brigade', being largely comprised of young people, may soon become of less prevalence as they grow up and develop a greater level of common sense.

Of course, my theory falls down on the grounds that as young people grow up, more young people take their place!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I quite fancy Marcus Rashfords Mum.
Why?
Isshe tall slim and blonde ?😆😆

D man! 🤔🤔
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
So much mutual back patting going on in recognition of each other's spouting of over simplistic clap trap.
You sound unusually bitter and critical and not your usual entertaining witty self Harbal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-07-2021, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
To be honest, I'm getting fed up of seeing black people everywhere this year. Reading the news, cluttering up TV adverts ...moaning about BLM or racism or how they don't win awards.
What percentage of the population are they supposed to be?
You make an excellent point.

It has been claimed, and supported with evidence, that black people are represented in the media in numbers greatly in excess of their actual numerical proportion in the population.

Not just in Coronation Street either!

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if many black people find this rather patronising rather than supportive. They're not stupid; they know what's going on!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-07-2021, 11:26 PM

You sound unusually bitter and critical and not your usual entertaining witty self Harbal.
I assume you're being sarcastic, Morty!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 11:27 PM

Harbal hates Nigel Farage Morty !

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top