Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:48 PM

Re: Energy Switching

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Bit of an update on this:
When Look After my Bills informed me that they had switched me - within 50 days of termination so as not to incur a penalty charge - they sent an email informing me of the new supplier and tariffs and also said: "You are in complete control of this switch. You can cancel up to 14 days from 21/07/2021. Just let us know if you'd like to do that... but if you stay with us, you'll never be ripped off again!"

I responded and told them of the cheaper tariff I've found - with AVRO energy and got this response:
Unfortunately we aren't able to switch you to a specific tariff, our system is largely automated and there is no capacity for us to switch a customer to a specific supplier and/or tariff.

I'm astonished............and have now received a request for a review!!!
I must say I'm surprised! I thought that 'Look After My Bills' was a good option, though I have never used them.

I've changed my mind now! I'll continue to use Martin's Money Tips Cheap Energy Club as I have done for years. It's perfectly free, BTW.

I prefer to be in control of my decisions. CEC provides what they have found to be the best options regarding price (and can also factor in other preferences if requested), but the final decision to whom to move is left to the customer.

Incidentally, I have just moved to Outfox the Market which is a company little heard of, but was the most competitive. Should such a company fail, your power is not cut off(!); you are simply moved to another supplier. You still have the choice of moving elsewhere, I believe.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I must say I'm surprised! I thought that 'Look After My Bills' was a good option, though I have never used them.

I've changed my mind now! I'll continue to use Martin's Money Tips Cheap Energy Club as I have done for years. It's perfectly free, BTW.

I prefer to be in control of my decisions. CEC provides what they have found to be the best options regarding price (and can also factor in other preferences if requested), but the final decision to whom to move is left to the customer.

Incidentally, I have just moved to Outfox the Market which is a company little heard of, but was the most competitive. Should such a company fail, your power is not cut off(!); you are simply moved to another supplier. You still have the choice of moving elsewhere, I believe.
I was surprised too but it really seems as though Look After My Bills is little more than an algorithm looking for the best tarrif/commission.

I'll also be doing my own switch in future.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I was surprised too but it really seems as though Look After My Bills is little more than an algorithm looking for the best tarrif/commission.

I'll also be doing my own switch in future.
Try Cheap Energy Club. No obligation, no cost.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:13 PM

I need to switch to a new tariff as my current tariff finishes soon. This afternoon, l rang my supplier of gas and electricity Avro and was shocked to hear that they now want me to pay £118 a month instead of the £83, l am currently paying.

I am in credit with them and don’t owe them anything, so how can they warrant charging me another £35 per month?
Surely energy prices haven’t gone up that much?

I hate having to do this shopping around for the best deal!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Try Cheap Energy Club. No obligation, no cost.

JBR, l have just gone on there and filled everything in and nothing happens?
Is it emailed to you or do they display it on the screen?

I am a member of the site.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I need to switch to a new tariff as my current tariff finishes soon. This afternoon, l rang my supplier of gas and electricity Avro and was shocked to hear that they now want me to pay £118 a month instead of the £83, l am currently paying.

I am in credit with them and don’t owe them anything, so how can they warrant charging me another £35 per month?
Surely energy prices haven’t gone up that much?

I hate having to do this shopping around for the best deal!
Energy prices increased quite a bit at the start of the year, so probably after your existing contract began.
Shop around (USwitch as mentioned in Post # 2 have usually been cheaper in my own experience but YMMV) and with a bit of luck you might find a new deal at or only slightly more than your current supplier, no pun intended.

It's no use my recommending a particular supplier because choice and price varies by region and consumption.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-07-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Energy prices increased quite a bit at the start of the year, so probably after your existing contract began.
Shop around (USwitch as mentioned in Post # 2 have usually been cheaper in my own experience but YMMV) and with a bit of luck you might find a new deal at or only slightly more than your current supplier, no pun intended.

It's no use my recommending a particular supplier because choice and price varies by region and consumption.
Zaphod, When it comes to sorting out energy tariffs l just want to say, ‘Stop the world, l want to get off’!!
They are a nightmare!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:02 PM

Zaphod, When it comes to sorting out energy tariffs l just want to say, ‘Stop the world, l want to get off’!!
They are a nightmare!
I absolutely agree with you, and I just don't understand the need to have to keep chasing a better deal every blinkin' year just because the greedy beggars put their prices up just like the insurance companies do!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2021, 03:20 PM

JBR, l have just gone on there and filled everything in and nothing happens?
Is it emailed to you or do they display it on the screen?

I am a member of the site.
If you are a member, log in:
https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/...lub/my-account

then click 'see your top deals'.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:00 PM

Hi

Just changed my dual Tariff.

Up £23 a month.

Out today, diesel prices up 10p a litre.

Not good.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top