Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Boris has a good idea.

Hi

It would be fair to say I do not like Boris.

Credit given when credit is due.

He is now going for local repayment.

Forced cleaning up where you live in Hi Vis Clothing identifying you.

Absolutely great, well done Boris.

Now down to Pritti to deliver.

May would not do it, her version of Human Rights.

It works, get on and do it.

It is proven to be very effective, far better than Young Offenders imprisonment, which they see as a badge of honour.

Getting jeered at is not cool, it means you are a loser.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 02:27 PM

Re: Boris has a good idea.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It would be fair to say I do not like Boris.

Credit given when credit is due.

He is now going for local repayment.

Forced cleaning up where you live in Hi Vis Clothing identifying you.

Absolutely great, well done Boris.

Now down to Pritti to deliver.

May would not do it, her version of Human Rights.

It works, get on and do it.

It is proven to be very effective, far better than Young Offenders imprisonment, which they see as a badge of honour.

Getting jeered at is not cool, it means you are a loser.
But they have already been doing that for years, Swimmy, at least they have around here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
But they have already been doing that for years, Swimmy, at least they have around here.
Hi

Then you are very fortunate ST.

Where I worked and lived you did not work where you lived, it was deemed to be too demeaning and possibly dangerous if you could be identified.

The whole point of it is that you are identified locally.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:11 PM

I've seen this in action in Worcester on occasion too. I didn't see or hear anyone jeering, whistling or papping their horns at the miscreants either.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 04:46 PM

Hi

Then you are very fortunate ST.

Where I worked and lived you did not work where you lived, it was deemed to be too demeaning and possibly dangerous if you could be identified.

The whole point of it is that you are identified locally.
'They' have done a lot of really useful environmental stuff here, Swimmy. Cutting back overhanging trees/hedges along the roadside. Clearing rivers, ponds etc., One lot even built an 'island' in a large pond for the ducks to nest - it was their own idea as they noticed the ducks had been nesting in some of the junk. Most of the youths were local lads - there were a few from Leeds and Doncaster. All well organised and supervised. Didn't hear anyone poking fun or jeering at them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Hi

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.

I may be wrong, but here goes.

Boris is suggesting the American System.

You are dressed in orange, with guards and clean on your local streets in full view of your mates and neighbours.

It has been found to be very effective.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-07-2021, 05:16 PM

Hi

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.

I may be wrong, but here goes.

Boris is suggesting the American System.

You are dressed in orange,
with guards and clean on your local streets in full view of your mates and neighbours.

It has been found to be very effective.
I don't think I misunderstood, Swimmy. These are young offenders and this an alternative to prison?

These lads - and one or two girls - were dressed in orange boiler suits with sleeveless yellow hi vis jackets over the top. Some or all of them may have been tagged as well. If by 'quards' you mean men with guns - No - there were none of those but they were certainly well supervised. They (and their equipment) arrived in large police vehicles.

The ones I have spoken of are ones I have personally observed. I understand there were others who may well have been street cleaning in town but, as I have not been into town for a while, I cannot say for sure.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top