Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:33 PM

Immigrants

Why is everyone making such a fuss over EU immigrants?They seem to feel that once we leave the EU immigration will stop,it wont. There are more None EU immigrants here [there is hardly an office/shop Drs/Hospitals in this area that arent manned by Asians/Indian/Pakistani etc] than EUs. If we trade with India/China their citizens will be allowed to come to Britain.Many of the EUmembers here do work British people dont want & wont do
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:41 PM

Re: Immigrants

I met a woman this morning at a car boot sale who told me she is facing deportation because she is not considered to have made a good case to be allowed to stay. She earns a living working at markets, ebay etc.I guess she pays no tax.

I hope the uk is ready to receive her. And I wonder if this is just the start ot the tit for tat tactics.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:44 PM

Immigrants have been with us for centuries - North Germans, Huguenots, Bangladeshis, Jews and so on.....so what's new?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Immigrants have been with us for centuries - North Germans, Huguenots, Bangladeshis, Jews and so on.....
so what's new?
Muslim immigrants - many of whom have a social agenda somewhat different from our own; rape and murder etc. etc.

thought I'd get that one in before anyone else does..is there a prize??
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:31 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

It is quite simple. We admit those who will be an asset to the country and we refuse admission to those who won't.

Regardless of where they are from.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Immigrants have been with us for centuries - North Germans, Huguenots, Bangladeshis, Jews and so on.....so what's new?
I keep on banging in about this but it is important that people realise the extent of the problem. No sensible comparisons can be made between immigration into the UK in the past, and the level we are seeing today. The rate of immigration into the UK today is so far in excess of anything we have seen before that it almost beggars belief. In previous centuries, the percentage of immigrants entering the UK was statistically insignificant. Even in the 1960's/70's, compared with today, the numbers were paltry. At the rate of immigration we had at the time of Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech in 1972, it would have taken 100 years for 1,000,000 immigrants to enter our country. At today's rate, it takes just two years.

This level of immigration is unsustainable, drives down wages and puts incredible pressure on our infrastructure - housing, health, education, social services etc etc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mickb ->
i keep on banging in about this but it is important that people realise the extent of the problem. No sensible comparisons can be made between immigration into the uk in the past, and the level we are seeing today. The rate of immigration into the uk today is so far in excess of anything we have seen before that it almost beggars belief. In previous centuries, the percentage of immigrants entering the uk was statistically insignificant. Even in the 1960's/70's, compared with today, the numbers were paltry. At the rate of immigration we had at the time of enoch powell's "rivers of blood" speech in 1972, it would have taken 100 years for 1,000,000 immigrants to enter our country. At today's rate, it takes just two years.

This level of immigration is unsustainable, drives down wages and puts incredible pressure on our infrastructure - housing, health, education, social services etc etc.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:54 PM

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it HERE
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Here in flat land and in other parts of the country we are seeing problems regarding labour to pick fruit and veg.

Just thought I would mention it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Muslim immigrants - many of whom have a social agenda somewhat different from our own; rape and murder etc. etc.

thought I'd get that one in before anyone else does..is there a prize??
Hi

I totally agree Ruthio.

I think that you are spot on.

I live on my own.

I have two Polish Business registered at my house.

Zac and Derek have just paid UK Tax, a total of £25,870 plus NI Contributions.

They are very rarely here at my house.

When they are here, so are the family, Grandad, Grandma etc etc.

Grandma and Grandad have never met a Muslim before.

Not ever, you do not get Muslims at Catholic Mass at 7 in the morning.

They were terrified to meet a couple of Muslims, in a headscarf, in a lift from the Car Park in Birmingham to the outdoor market.

The Muslims had kids, real littlies, the Polish where not killed, the littlies smiled at them.

A meeting of minds, Littlies are the same the world over, they neither hate or despise anyone.

The Polish were scared., but not for long.

Tis like the AA Advert, you cannot hate anyone who smiles at you.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top