Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Betrayal By Our Own MP's!

Reading this morning that a group of senior Remain MP’s from all parties is being accused of trying to “sabotage” a no-deal Brexit with a plot that would effectively shut down government.

Pro-Brussels Tory and Labour backbenchers united in proposing an an amendment to Treasury legislation that could freeze spending on vital measures needed for a sudden break with Brussels.
The plot, led by former Labour minister Yvette Cooper, was designed to create financial gridlock in Whitehall to prevent a no-deal outcome.

Another amendment, seeking to block Treasury tax-raising powers in the event of a no-deal Brexit was tabled by Lib Dem leader, Sir Vince Cable. It is backed by Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru and Green MP Caroline Lucas.
Pro-Brussels supporters Nicky Morgan,Oliver Letwin and Nick Bowles back the move, Tory backbencher Sarah Wollaston and Labour Ms Hilary Benn, Rachel Reeves and Harriet Harman, who all chair Commons Select committees, also back the move.

So there you have it. The above named fifth columnists are sitting on their backsides in our own Parliament, (you can throw in Philip Hammond and Ollie Robbins in the mix as well)
Fully prepared to paralyse government,
There’s the Labour leadership playing politics and opposing the deal to create chaos and others promoting a second referendum in order to stop Brexit.

No-one in their right mind would wish the outcome to be a no-deal Brexit, simply because we would, as T M says ,be sailing into unchartered waters. But for our own treacherous Parliamentarians to actually plot against our own government and betray the only bargaining chip left in British negotiations???
What other name aptly describes them other than FIFTH COLUMNISTS WITHIN OUR MIDST.

I sincerely hope that all the above named traitors get their just rewards cometh the next election. To my mind, they should all be sitting in cells for aiding the enemy. (metaphorically speaking).

They are beneath contempt. Do you agree or disagree?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:29 PM

Re: Betrayal By Our Own MP's!

If nobody in their right mind wants a no deal brexit, how are they betraying the electorate?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:49 PM

I must be in my wrong mind then because I think a plan like this will do far more harm than leaving the EU ! They are traitors IMO sadly we don't use the tower of London any more.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:58 PM

Hi

Sadly SG, No Deal is no longer a bargaining chip.

The EU knows it as does the rest of the World.

We have been sadly let down by our Government, over 2 years to get ready for it and they have only just started with less than 100 days to go.

If we had got things in place we would not have had to go begging and pay the EU £18 Billion for a Transition Period which we needed even with a deal.

Our Politicians are idiots.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:06 PM

Well my view is that it's traitorous for the government to allow a no deal brexit. So the Tower may require a substantial extension to house everyone I'd consider to be letting the country down!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If nobody in their right mind wants a no deal brexit, how are they betraying the electorate?
Annie, by simply asking that question, shows just how tunnel visioned you are as a Remain supporter, and how willing you are to accept any traitorous action Remain MP's along with their opposition cohorts are prepared to take.
Hang your head in shame!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-01-2019, 02:20 PM

I'm not the one with tunnel vision SG. I have resigned myself to leaving - in a sensible manner! Anyone who lets us crash out with a no deal is criminal. Anyone who stops us crashing is a national hero.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Well Annie, if they and their actions are portrayed by you as being those of national heroes, there is nothing more to be added.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:06 PM

It was on the news this morning that 209 MPs cross party want to rule out no deal.

There is no mention of the other 441 (-7 Sinn Féin) thats twice as many MPs who didn't, why isn't that the main headline.

Negativity seems to rule in the media.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Reading this morning that a group of senior Remain MP’s from all parties is being accused of trying to “sabotage” a no-deal Brexit with a plot that would effectively shut down government.

Pro-Brussels Tory and Labour backbenchers united in proposing an an amendment to Treasury legislation that could freeze spending on vital measures needed for a sudden break with Brussels.
The plot, led by former Labour minister Yvette Cooper, was designed to create financial gridlock in Whitehall to prevent a no-deal outcome.

Another amendment, seeking to block Treasury tax-raising powers in the event of a no-deal Brexit was tabled by Lib Dem leader, Sir Vince Cable. It is backed by Scottish National Party, Plaid Cymru and Green MP Caroline Lucas.
Pro-Brussels supporters Nicky Morgan,Oliver Letwin and Nick Bowles back the move, Tory backbencher Sarah Wollaston and Labour Ms Hilary Benn, Rachel Reeves and Harriet Harman, who all chair Commons Select committees, also back the move.

So there you have it. The above named fifth columnists are sitting on their backsides in our own Parliament, (you can throw in Philip Hammond and Ollie Robbins in the mix as well)
Fully prepared to paralyse government,
There’s the Labour leadership playing politics and opposing the deal to create chaos and others promoting a second referendum in order to stop Brexit.

No-one in their right mind would wish the outcome to be a no-deal Brexit, simply because we would, as T M says ,be sailing into unchartered waters. But for our own treacherous Parliamentarians to actually plot against our own government and betray the only bargaining chip left in British negotiations???
What other name aptly describes them other than FIFTH COLUMNISTS WITHIN OUR MIDST.

I sincerely hope that all the above named traitors get their just rewards cometh the next election. To my mind, they should all be sitting in cells for aiding the enemy. (metaphorically speaking).

They are beneath contempt. Do you agree or disagree?

They are yesterdays men.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top