Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 12:48 PM

Re: Oh dear, the EU is not having all its own way.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Desperation.

They realise that we are leaving, but are very worried that when we stop paying them they will have to make up the shortfall.

As a consequence, they are desperately trying to support their fifth columnists - the remainiacs - to do what they possibly can to stop Brexit happening.

I just hope that TM doesn't fall for it.
Hi

The thing is JBR that they aren't worried about the loss of money.

There is a very simple reason for that, overall the EU will have more money, not less, when we leave.

They will recover our budget payments in full and actually get more in Tax then we pay in dues.

As I explained earlier, the UK Government will lose a massive amount in Tax simply because we will no longer be the clearing house for financial transactions.

The issue for the EU is that if the money goes to France or Germany, will they keep it for themselves rather than spread it around?

When we leave, we are a competitor, we will be treated as such.

It is a price worth paying in my view and if our Government gets it right, then ultimately we could be better off financially.

How long this takes and how much it costs us is down to the skill of our Government in negotiating.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I am once again totally amazed by your misunderstanding of the situation.

NATO Expenditure includes monies spent on cyber warfare.

The EU has naff all electronic intelligence gathering capabilities.

It is totally reliant upon Five Eyes.

The EU has no code cracking abilities, the UK has GCHQ, the best in the World, and the information comes from Menwith Hill.

The ability of France to intercept and then decode messages is such that it would take them days to finish the Times Crossword.

Germany does not drop bombs abroad, they make a great play of this, keeping within their boundaries, no offensive action outside their Borders.

Germany leases the few drones it has from Israel.

Enough jousting with you, I have more important things to do.

My toe nails need cutting.
In fact I did a wee bot of research given your dismissive tone.

It seems that any joint intel division of NATO is barely a year old.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...ntentions.html

NATO allies have agreed to establish a new joint intelligence and security division to better position the U.S.-led alliance to respond to evolving threats by more effectively sharing information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/...#ixzz4dqXamGR9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Previously intelligence and cyber issues were dealt with by individual nations' intel services.

Then in October they appointed the first head of the division:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/nato-ap...ief-1477070563

A mere 5 months ago.

I can't say for sure how much work they have done in 5 short months...

as for your

NATO Expenditure includes monies spent on cyber warfare

It has done for the last whole 5 months.

Now back to your statement that the EU is undemocratic. ???????
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The thing is JBR that they aren't worried about the loss of money.

There is a very simple reason for that, overall the EU will have more money, not less, when we leave.

They will recover our budget payments in full and actually get more in Tax then we pay in dues.

As I explained earlier, the UK Government will lose a massive amount in Tax simply because we will no longer be the clearing house for financial transactions.

The issue for the EU is that if the money goes to France or Germany, will they keep it for themselves rather than spread it around?

When we leave, we are a competitor, we will be treated as such.

It is a price worth paying in my view and if our Government gets it right, then ultimately we could be better off financially.

How long this takes and how much it costs us is down to the skill of our Government in negotiating.
Really? So why are they so desperate that we shouldn't leave?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 01:42 PM

Hi

Yes, really.

They are not happy because we are leaving at a time when they are pushing for ever closer integration and an expansion of the EU.

The UK leaving has forced Juncker and Co to accept that there are fundamental problems in the EU and that it has to change.

Hence his new strategy document outlining different scenarios for the EU, none of which have gone down well.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 01:52 PM

I don't think it is just about money. They have been working towards a united Europe for years,( a bigger country means greater power) so if one country of good economic standing leaves, there will be others who will consider it.
The EU will be making sure that we don't get an easy route out because, if we do well, there is a chance that others will follow our example.
Germany, Britain and France had the 3 highest economies, so if another one leaves how will they manage to retain the rest?
The French elections will be very interesting!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think it is just about money. They have been working towards a united Europe for years,( a bigger country means greater power) so if one country of good economic standing leaves, there will be others who will consider it.
The EU will be making sure that we don't get an easy route out because, if we do well, there is a chance that others will follow our example.
Germany, Britain and France had the 3 highest economies, so if another one leaves how will they manage to retain the rest?
The French elections will be very interesting!
Hi

Very well put twink.

A power thing .

We are well out of it, some things are more important than money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 03:11 PM

That's best reason yet to get out. Money may be worrying but the idea of a United States of Europe fills me with dread. I can imagine what those who fought in the two wars would be thinking now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 03:34 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, in the future, historians look back on this period in history as the defeat of yet another attempt by Germany to take command of the whole of Europe.

Not by force, this time, but by a financial conquest.

After we have left, and others see how we have made a success of it despite all that the prophets of doom are predicting, there will hopefully be others who follow our lead.

We can hold our heads up high in the sure knowledge that we were instrumental in denying the would-be conquerors' intentions, not once, but three times.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2017, 07:50 PM

What is worrying Flicker is that when we leave she together with all others in the EU will have to start paying more in income tax. The panic shows in all of her posts

have you all noticed how the whole of Europe in EU that is are terrified what will hapen to them. I can foresee infighting and squabbling getting worse. french farmers will have to start making the farms pay their way instead of relying on handouts from us.

When I was in France, and never want to go back, I was staggered how inward looking they all are. In one supermarket alone everything was labelled product of France not like here in the UK where we can buy products from around the world food wise.

In Brittany where we stayed what a filthy lot the French are taking human waste from houses and spreading straight onto farm land without being treated first. It really made me want to heave
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-04-2017, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What is worrying Flicker is that when we leave she together with all others in the EU will have to start paying more in income tax. The panic shows in all of her posts

have you all noticed how the whole of Europe in EU that is are terrified what will hapen to them. I can foresee infighting and squabbling getting worse. french farmers will have to start making the farms pay their way instead of relying on handouts from us.

When I was in France, and never want to go back, I was staggered how inward looking they all are. In one supermarket alone everything was labelled product of France not like here in the UK where we can buy products from around the world food wise.

In Brittany where we stayed what a filthy lot the French are taking human waste from houses and spreading straight onto farm land without being treated first. It really made me want to heave
They all seem to drive French manufactured cars as well. Actually, I admire them for supporting their own industries. If we still made good quality cars of our own, I'd do the same.

Regardless of that, though, I will agree that my impression of the Frogs is that they are not particularly clean!

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top