Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Re: Tony Blair

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong profession Bruce matey - she's a Barrister and promoted (ahead of her time) to be a Queen's Counsel when Derry Irvine (a friend of Tony) was Lord Chancellor.
Same applies Joe, me old pal, me old beauty, they are not limited companies but sole traders or in a partnership so they squirrel their money away by putting it in their spouse's name.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Actually I read he was worth much more than that OS £60 + million.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:53 AM

The Tory Tony Blair, has never believed in helping the poor. I feel very ashamed I trusted him and voted for him initially. Only once though I learned after that exactly what he was about, well not exactly his war mongering came as a surprise.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's good, at least he won't be begging on the streets of Windsor and spoiling the royal wedding for visitors.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
You're right:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/07/this-i...8/?ito=cbshare

Immediately after he left his post as prime minister, Mr Blair was made the Middle East peace envoy, a role that involved travelling to up to five countries a week with his own security detail, funded by the taxpayer. The cost of that security detail is up to £16,000 a week, it was claimed last year. Mr Blair resigned as peace envoy in May last year, but still requires that security detail.

Each of the 12 Metropolitan Police officers, whose salary, overtime, expenses, travel and meals are paid for by the taxpayer, earns around £56,000, though that figure can rise to £70,000 due to overtime.

An investigation by The Telegraph in June 2015 also found that Tony Blair’s personal fortune amounts to £60million – three times the amount he previously claimed. The paper reported that the former prime minister and his family control a property ’empire’ which includes 10 homes across England worth, in total, more than £25million. The value of the Blair properties and companies, the money in the former prime minister’s account and his earnings from regular speaking engagements puts his overall wealth at more than £58million, the paper found.

Mr Blair charges as much as £200,000 from a single speaking engagement.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
From the outset, l never trusted Tony Blair because of his eyes!
He’s got one funny eye that turns in! Definitely not to be trusted!
I didn’t like his greedy, grasping wife either!
Greedy and grasping are an apt description .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:18 PM

Every time he pops up on telly he literally makes me cringe. Where's me mallet!

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Every time he pops up on telly he literally makes me cringe. Where's me mallet!

Oi!!! join the back of the queue, I was here first!!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 12:17 AM

Cheri being a 'Barrister', if she has any sense she wouldn't be letting Tony get his filthy little mitts on her money.

Dull as she is, they are like the 'Posh and Becks' of the political world, followed closely by that Welsh couple , 'The Kinnocks '

Never have so few been disliked so much..... and people need to keep reminding Blair of that, before he sticks his paddle in again. He's still beavering away at his mission. It must be something to do with his intense love of himself.
Wasn't there a Greek in mythology much the same....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 05:14 AM

Hi

If Tony Blair is in favour of keeping in the EU, that alone is reason to Vote Leave.

He is the most arrogant, underhand, ruthless person I have ever met.

I have no regard for him at all.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top