Join for free
Page 12 of 36 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:50 AM

Re: Strictly Come Dancing 2013 line-up

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
It was Sophie for me tonight who stood out with her Charleston.
The Charleston is the dance I look forward to seeing the most - I love it and she did a really good job of it.

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I thought the same - really feel for him. I think they should have an age limit up to 65. You just cant compete.
I was thinking the same thing but I think they know they are on there pretty much as cannon fodder. Then again, when you think of Pamela Stephenson's Charleston, it is still one of my favourites of all time - she not only got the dance down to pat (and she's 61) but her personality really shone through and captured the whole thing about the Charleston:

start it from 1.50 seconds (it was the only one I could find with the whole dance) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XC8RdaZyA
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 08:54 AM

I agree the charleston is a fav for me too .....
I know theres not much difference 61 to 65, but I still think that should be the limit.
They look so dejected, makes me sad - and I dont want to feel that way watching Strictly, unless its a beautiful waltz, which brings tears ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 09:03 AM

I agree the charleston is a fav for me too .....
I know theres not much difference 61 to 65, but I still think that should be the limit.
They look so dejected, makes me sad - and I dont want to feel that way watching Strictly, unless its a beautiful waltz, which brings tears ....
It does tend to bring the tone down with harsh comments (and Bruno can sometimes be as bad as Craig) but in general, I do agree with you.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:04 AM

One dance I'm not keen on, regardless of who dances it, and that it the Tango - all that stomping around, it's one dance I wish they'd leave out completely.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
One dance I'm not keen on, regardless of who dances it, and that it the Tango - all that stomping around, it's one dance I wish they'd leave out completely.
I like the Tango, when they have the correct music for it !
Annoys me - when they dont ....
The one I dont like, is the Rumba, all that posing, stopping, starting - not what I thought was a 'Rumba' at all .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Couldn't think what a Rumba was Pats so have just watched one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwp7ZA0QNw - is that typical of a Rumba?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:23 AM

Couldn't think what a Rumba was Pats so have just watched one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwp7ZA0QNw - is that typical of a Rumba?
Trust you Thats the 'best' Rumba on Strictly - more content than usual.
Usually its her walking to him, posing - him walking to her, posing, thats about it - makes me teeth itch .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:36 AM

Trust you Thats the 'best' Rumba on Strictly - more content than usual.
Usually its her walking to him, posing - him walking to her, posing, thats about it - makes me teeth itch .....
That's the best I thought that was full of walking and posturing

I will add the Rumba to my 'not keen on watching' list then
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:40 AM

That's the best I thought that was full of walking and posturing

I will add the Rumba to my 'not keen on watching' list then
Yes - the best !!
It was 'more' content and hold - they actually danced a bit in hold too ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

06-10-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes - the best !!
It was 'more' content and hold - they actually danced a bit in hold too ....
I remember once saying, on another forum, that I didn't like the Rumba and I was set upon by all the ballroom dancing teachers telling me I didn't know what I was talking about

Page 12 of 36 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top