Join for free
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 01:40 PM

Re: Italy

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Italy and Spain etc reject the ESM bailout because it would mean they end up like Greece did in 2008. Nobody wants their countries finances controlled by a Troika arrangement, which is not surprising

I did say yesterday about how the loans would be divided up but I had my post removed by the mods for some reason. It was to outline this, but never mind.

Oh dear....

Here come coronabonds .... 30 years of mutualised debt
You know the risk of the financing by national banks, hyperinflation. Especially germany is loath of this method, they had their experience in 1923, and since then are dead against it. And as they are the leader of europe nowadays.......
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know the risk of the financing by national banks, hyperinflation. Especially germany is loath of this method, they had their experience in 1923, and since then are dead against it. And as they are the leader of europe nowadays.......
The ECB is not a national bank.

What's going to be another threat to the Euro is the defaults on debt in the Eurozone. The EU need to prevent this somehow or you will be back in the financial crisis of 2008 for the second time. I don't think the Eurozone would survive this.

The Eurozone need an urgent agreement on how to fund the COVID-19 crisis or it's going to be carnage.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:13 PM

The ECB is not a national bank.
Eurobonds?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2020, 02:32 PM

Eurobonds?
Is an international bond
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2020, 02:34 PM

Is an international bond
Issued by an international bank? From an international body?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-04-2020, 02:42 PM

Issued by an international bank? From an international body?

The ECB is a central bank for 19 countries.

What do you think it is ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2020, 02:48 PM

The ECB is a central bank for 19 countries.
So by issueing eurobonds it would put the ecb on a similar level as the bank of UK. Sorry england. The UK doesn't have its own central bank, only a central currency. Or whatever.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-04-2020, 02:58 PM

So by issueing eurobonds it would put the ecb on a similar level as the bank of UK. Sorry england. The UK doesn't have its own central bank, only a central currency. Or whatever.
No it wouldn't

You don't get any of this do you ?

EDIT

Scrap that (long explanation I just rubbed out), I'm just not going to explain this to you for an 8th or 9th time. It doesn't matter what I do, I cannot make you understand this.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

15-04-2020, 03:04 PM

No it wouldn't

You don't get any of this do you ?

We have a common currency - the pound sterling, which is used throughout the UNION OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.

We have a centralised bank - the Bank of England which is a central bank for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

BUT.... we have a centralised treasury and taxation system

Do you get it yet ?

Getting there.

So you are not against institutions like centralised banks, as the ECB.

The EU wanted a common currency, the euro, but the UK didn't see any advantage that, they wanted national currencies.

To get the british system the EU needs a centralised treasury and a common taxation.
Guess who was against that when still a member?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Getting there.

So you are not against institutions like centralised banks, as the ECB.

The EU wanted a common currency, the euro, but the UK didn't see any advantage that, they wanted national currencies.

To get the british system the EU needs a centralised treasury and a common taxation.
Guess who was against that when still a member?
Sterling is an international currency.

We rejected the Euro because we were given a good idea of what it would be like in 1996 when everything crashed and took the UK down with it.

The UK has a centralised taxation system and a centralised treasury, get your facts right.

The Eurozone does not have a centralised treasury or taxation system - how many times do I have to repeat myself ?

Do you still not get it ????

Really ???

Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top