Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:32 PM

Scottish Power

I gave them meter reading last week over the phone coz they aint been read for four months.

Got the statement in just now, . . I'm £130.87p in credit, . . that's a reading in mid winter, the highest period of electricity consumption too.

Reading further on, the letter said they're leaving my DD the same, I'm saving power due to energy saving lights etc,

At this time of year I could use that £130 they have belonging to me, . . when you think of the millions of customers they have, and think the others may be in credit too it's a nice little earner for Scottish power aint it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Re: Scottish Power

Finally got through to them on the phone, . . I was paying £82 a month by DD, . . they have now reduced it to £70 a month.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 02:53 PM

This is such a scam!

This article says the power companies have about £4billion of our money locked up. Wonder how much they make on that in the money markets. Weaselsing barstewards!

Well done for getting a reduction nero - but they've still got your £130.
I'd go back to quarterly bills but the thieving toads put you on a higher tariff
nero
Central Scotland

17-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
This is such a scam!

This article says the power companies have about £4billion of our money locked up. Wonder how much they make on that in the money markets. Weaselsing barstewards!

Well done for getting a reduction nero - but they've still got your £130.
I'd go back to quarterly bills but the thieving toads put you on a higher tariff
That link says it all DM, . . as you say, . .they're con men, . . I get a small discount for monthly DD's but it's so easy to pay over what you're actually due to them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 04:18 PM

I am also with Scottish power and accrued an excess of £213 after they increases my DD this time last year. I got in touch with them and insisted they reduced my DD or I would go elsewhere . I read my meter myself every month and post the results on the website so I am never in their debt.

I have only been with them a couple of years having moved after taking the advice of one of the comparison websites which informed me I would save £180 a year by switching suppliers . As far as I could see I didn't save anything the first year and the only savings I made the second year were as a result of using less electricity and doing so by not having the heating on and wearing lots of jumpers instead.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top