Join for free
scrabblemad
leicester uk
scrabblemad is female  scrabblemad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 07:07 AM

The economics in Greece?

My Daughter is going to Greece this year- how will the economy of the country affect holidaymakers?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 04:11 PM

Re: The economics in Greece?

I don't think it is going to affect holiday makes much right now tbh, as they've agreed to the plan.

I think it impacts people who live there the most, although if anything the hospitality should be notched up a gear as they'll be grateful for all the tourism they get - least that's what I think
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Did read that they put up their VAT rate 5%.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2010, 07:12 PM

It could be beneficial if the £ gets stronger against the €
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2010, 08:51 PM

Azz is right it won't effect your daughters plans, if exchanging £sterling for Euros she might even find things a bit cheaper.

But I would ask her to be careful in bigger towns as violent demonstrations are sure to continue throughout the year, these are usually known about in advance and tourists can and should be able to avoid them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top