Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Up cycling furniture

We often do a bit of this, my husband got a cupboard for free and made it into a really nice to stand.
Nathan has got the bug and wanted a side table for Jordan's birthday present so took an old coffee table, cut it into uneven half lengthways, put smaller half on top of bigger one, and painted it white. Put a new couple of legs on the back and he has a unigue and rather nice present for Jordan's home.

A roll top bread bin turned on its side attached to wall and painted multicolour stripes has pride of place in my kitchen and makes a lovely little cupboard in the corner.

Anyone else do a bit of up cycling ?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Re: Up cycling furniture

We do I have a lovely table made from the iron undercarrage of a sweing machine and a glass top salvaged from a Tv stand that was being thrown away..

Two bench ends left from scrap were turned back into a great bench for the garden.

and a little nightstand /cupboard from my MIL cleaned and rewaxed is just the right size to stand a printer on with all the paper envelopes etc inside..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Sounds lovely. I love stuff like this it's just that little bit different from anything you can buy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 03:18 PM

I haven't done any myself but I like the idea of it. There's that programme on TV where the presenter gets old stuff from the rubbish tip and up-cycles it. Most of it deserves to go straight back to the tip but occasionally I am impressed. I particularly like the unusual lamps that elderly man makes.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 07:51 PM

not furniture but I always seem to find something in my garage that has been there for years . It is a case of keeping "just in case", it usually adapted for something else later on
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

30-09-2017, 10:29 PM

Hi Julie, yes I do upcycling. Used to do a lot more than now to be honest, but the latest is a nest of tables I did silver with mirror tops which look nice.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top