Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:22 AM

Re: DIY Jobs to do.

Central heating two way diverter valve playing up.
Clear ivy off our stone wall.
Paint hall with Dulux special reflecting white wall paint.
Spring yellow paint in lounge
Sell 1960's mower via WightBay. Complete one owner, me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Those high security doors,are rather nice,and very modern looking,i bet they cost a fortune.

What sort of fox proof chicken pen/run will you buy?..those foxes are darn cunning.

What make of range cooker will you install? ..we were looking at Miele ones last week,top of the range,..as I say, we were only looking,far to big to fit into my house.
Hi

I am looking at these.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belling-C...item33eba9ecad

It rather depends on what is around at the time, I am certainly avoiding anything Smeg.

A fishing colleague is manager of a large graded goods outlet, he will sort me one.

The door will be something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-New-Ant...QAAOSwqDhbBWJ1

The enclosure I will either get one of these or make it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHICKEN-R...4AAOSwzhxa8WYz

I have a ruck of weldmesh 1 inch by half inch I got at a local auction, plenty to do the job.

The garden screens and posts will be coming from Poland, less than half the price you pay here.

I don't do retail.

I have the cash and the contacts.

I am a true Yorkshire skinflint.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:30 AM

I'm saving all the internal decorating for later in the year when the weather isn't so good. I will redecorate the lounge and dining room before Christmas.

Pauline I have experimented with colour too I used bright red ..sounds awful but actually it looks quite nice
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am a true Yorkshire skinflint.
Nowt wrong with being a Yorkshire skinflint swims...welcome to my world
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:41 AM

I've just finished painting my garden panels and hammered in some loose bits . I have to paint one wall in lounge as had a new gas fire fitted and it's left ugly bits of wall showing . My stairs and landing needs painting but don't know how I'm gonna reach so high up it goes up miles . Then kitchen wall as new boiler going in soon and it's smaller than what I have now .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've just finished painting my garden panels and hammered in some loose bits . I have to paint one wall in lounge as had a new gas fire fitted and it's left ugly bits of wall showing . My stairs and landing needs painting but don't know how I'm gonna reach so high up it goes up miles . Then kitchen wall as new boiler going in soon and it's smaller than what I have now .
Try a roller and extension pole to do your landing
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:03 PM

I ought to do some decorating but my eyesight isn't the best and if I put my specs on to see the wall I fall off the stepladder.

My knee is a problem too and I can't kneel so have to lay on the floor to paint the skirting board.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Try a roller and extension pole to do your landing
I will primus , it's so high up the ceiling is covered in cobwebs , I've tried to reach with a broom and still can't manage it . If I can't reach I'll leave a paint tide mark ! ( No one will see it )
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm saving all the internal decorating for later in the year when the weather isn't so good. I will redecorate the lounge and dining room before Christmas.

Pauline I have experimented with colour too I used bright red ..sounds awful but actually it looks quite nice

Summer,I too have had red,it was a deep red,loved it,had it on wall for 3yrs,dont you find paint dates after a couple of yrs?....i am very happy with this colour i am painting the walls with,it's obviously not to everyone's taste,..when ive finished and dressed the room I will post a pic,i have also started painting the fence,it was in real need of painting, coming up like new,..edit to add,i only had red on one wall.the rest was grey.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

04-06-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Summer,I too have had red,it was a deep red,loved it,had it on wall for 3yrs,dont you find paint dates after a couple of yrs?....i am very happy with this colour i am painting the walls with,it's obviously not to everyone's taste,..when ive finished and dressed the room I will post a pic,i have also started painting the fence,it was in real need of painting, coming up like new,..edit to add,i only had red on one wall.the rest was grey.
You sound like me Pauline once I get a paintbrush in my hand if it doesn't move.....paint it

I would love to see you room when it's finished

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top