Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Passion for cleaning my home.

Does anyone else share this passion with me?
It's like a therapy for me,it makes me feel calm and relaxed,when everything is clean and in order,...
Some great cleaning products on the market now,as well,those floor cleaning cloths are great and those disposable fluffy dusters,....I do hope I am not alone in my passion!....yes I know,some will call me "sad",
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:54 AM

Re: Passion for cleaning my home.

It depends if you're obsessive Pauline - that would be sad.

I knew a woman who cleaned her kitchen floor at least three times a day, cleaned her windows and changed her net curtains every week and measured the distance between her ornaments with a tape measure!

She had no time for other interests - do you?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Hi Carol,I had a neighbour like that,I must do my cleaning thoroughly,toilet cleaned with a toothbrush in certain areas,I am hoovering a lot,because of my jack Russell hairs,I do clean my windows every week,I don't think I have an obsession ,I just enjoy what I do,..oh I have a lot of interests,...being on here,gardening,charity work in a shop,..keeping fit,that takes up a lot of my time,...I am nothing like a ocd cleaner,the ones on tv,...I feel for them,their life is consumed by rituals and cleaning.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:18 AM

That's alright then.
I'm afraid I don't share your passion and admit to my windows going ages without being cleaned!! (I'm not going to say how long)lol
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 11:26 AM

I'll bet You could eat Your dinner off Your kitchen floor Pauline ...erm..do You use an electric toothbrush to clean the toilet or just an ordinary one?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I'll bet You could eat Your dinner off Your kitchen floor Pauline ...erm..do You use an electric toothbrush to clean the toilet or just an ordinary one?

oh May,an electric toothbrush,what a great idea!...to be honest,I only clean my floors once a day,usually in the evening,they were dirty last night,..it's the flipping dog hairs,May,I Hoover about six times a day,with my new hand held Dyson,I love it!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That's alright then.
I'm afraid I don't share your passion and admit to my windows going ages without being cleaned!! (I'm not going to say how long)lol

Oh go on Carol,do tell us!.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:21 PM

are you all living without a man by any chance??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 12:24 PM

I love a clean house but there's no way I enjoy doing it. Our two cats ensure it's an ongoing project.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love a clean house but there's no way I enjoy doing it. Our two cats ensure it's an ongoing project.

Does your wife enjoy cleaning LD?..I must say,cats do shed hair a lot,and they bring a lot of stuff in,attached to their fur don't they?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top