Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Bodyguard

Any one watch a new series on the beeb last night,it was written by Jed Mercurio the writer of "in the line of duty" .

Looks good to me not sure I'd go onlong the lines of "so gripping you'll have to remind yourself to breath" headline from the Mails critic but hey ho each to his own.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Bodyguard.html
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:09 AM

Re: Bodyguard

Recorded it for watching tonight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:13 AM

I don't often watch modern dramas but watch this last night based on the pedigree of the writer.

Gripping story that was instantly spoiled for me because I am aware a person like David the main character would be unlikely to be in employed in the post he is in.
I know from some of my late husband's work about the rigorous psychological testing and 'positive vetting' that takes place before a person is trusted to do do certain jobs, David would have failed this on many levels.

A shame,a good story line but I can't get past the fact that it doesn't ring true in spite of using the voices of real people (like news readers) to give it authenticity.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Recorded it for watching tonight.
The second part is on tonight.
caricature
Devon,England.

27-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't often watch modern dramas but watch this last night based on the pedigree of the writer.

Gripping story that was instantly spoiled for me because I am aware a person like David the main character would be unlikely to be in employed in the post he is in.
I know from some of my late husband's work about the rigorous psychological testing and 'positive vetting' that takes place before a person is trusted to do do certain jobs, David would have failed this on many levels.

A shame,a good story line but I can't get past the fact that it doesn't ring true in spite of using the voices of real people (like news readers) to give it authenticity.
Without spoiling it for others isn't it hinted at that the bodyguard is hiding his PTSD.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:20 AM

I liked it.
I think just about every ex soldier has PTSD in some way or another.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Without spoiling it for others isn't it hinted at that the bodyguard is hiding his PTSD.
Hi Caricature yes there was more than a hint of the PTSD . Even if a person can fool the psychological testing they are unlikely to can get past the 'positive vetting' where even the families and work colleagues of a person are investigated and interviewed.

I am not thinking only about the PTSD but other aspects of David's life that make him unsuitable for the job for a number of reasons.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
The second part is on tonight.
Yes, I'll record that too to watch tomorrow....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:58 AM

I'm watching this too and had exactly the same thoughts as you've said Meg...he wouldn't even be employed in the job as bodyguard in real life so quite a bit of poetic licence going on which does spoil it somewhat.
But I shall keep watching just to see how it pans out.
caricature
Devon,England.

27-08-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Caricature yes there was more than a hint of the PTSD . Even if a person can fool the psychological testing they are unlikely to can get past the 'positive vetting' where even the families and work colleagues of a person are investigated and interviewed.

I am not thinking only about the PTSD but other aspects of David's life that make him unsuitable for the job for a number of reasons.
Lets not forget its fiction.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top