Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 12:40 PM

Re: American Cops - again

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dex, I am not questioning why these men were shot at all, but what I do find hard to justify, is the number of bullets used, and why six officers all shot the same bloke in the second case.
Couldn't they see their colleagues had already shot him??
Things happen very fast at such times and there would be no guarantee that the perp had been hit.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Reports say that he was breaking up a fight between two women. Police had been called to a domestic incident. I'm not clear from reports why he was shot at all or why they had guns for such an incident. Anyone know the "backstory"?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 12:42 PM

Dex, I am not questioning why these men were shot at all, but what I do find hard to justify, is the number of bullets used, and why six officers all shot the same bloke in the second case.
Couldn't they see their colleagues had already shot him??
I can't get my head round that either Mups. Its like pack behaviour

The only way I would have opened fire is if I felt seriously threatened with perhaps losing my own life.

I wish I knew why they all carried on firing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
None of us were there. None of us were faced with the perceived threat to life to ourselves or others. So it seems a little harsh to judge the officers' reactions.

I doubt that they took the decision lightly.
Understand your point, maybe a start to improve relations would be to recruit more African-Americans. Policing in US needs a major overhaul.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Understand your point, maybe a start to improve relations would be to recruit more African-Americans. Policing in US needs a major overhaul.
Good grief NO!

It's from that source that most trouble is coming!

According to official FBI statistics in 2015 51.1% of people arrested for homicide were African American; even though African American people account only for 13.4% of the total United States population.

There's a message there that explains a great deal that very few people are open to receive let alone accept.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I can't get my head round that either Mups. Its like pack behaviour

The only way I would have opened fire is if I felt seriously threatened with perhaps losing my own life.

I wish I knew why they all carried on firing.

Good way of putting it, Queenie.

Here's another thought too - how come our cops in this country manage to make most arrests without shooting the culprit multiple times ey?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Good way of putting it, Queenie.

Here's another thought too - how come our cops in this country manage to make most arrests without shooting the culprit multiple times ey?
Other than in the centres one would rightly expect such not to be the case few indigenous British criminals go out tooled up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Other than in the centres one would rightly expect such not to be the case few indigenous British criminals go out tooled up.

Not entirely true Todger.
From what we read in the papers, nearly everyone here seems to carry a knife now.
Don't you consider that 'tooled up?'
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

26-08-2020, 01:58 PM

Not entirely true Todger.
From what we read in the papers, nearly everyone here seems to carry a knife now.
Don't you consider that 'tooled up?'
Not entirely. For one thing the reports in the MSM understandably report from bad usually inner cities and bad colonies which means that it is difficult to relate it to the population as a whole plus having a knife, and using it or being willing to use it, are different things.

Its certainly a growing trend though thanks to the filth that have been allowed and in a couple of cases encouraged to enter the UK and bring their savage jungle culture with them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2020, 02:01 PM

Whichever way you look at it, there was no excuse for what happened here. The guy was unarmed, there were kids in the car. Makes absolutely no sense. Screams of badly trained police officers.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top