Join for free
Page 104 of 391 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Re: Today I have .........

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Indeed, my attempts are in vain and come out like a cat being strangled.

Roy Orbison had an incredible voice for managing to get that high.

I don't think his voice deteriorated at all from 1956 to his death in 1988 despite being a lifelong smoker.

If only my voice sounded like it did in 1956. Angelic I was according to my best friend at the time. Then again, he was tone deaf.
sorry I thought you said he was Stone deaf.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 07:39 PM

Had I continued to sing, he probably would be.

Instead he lives in London now and works in the Co-op, a blessed relief I'm sure.
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jem ->
today i went into town to help the wife with her parcels, do the muling in other words, she wouldn't say what was in the two largest ones she gave me to carry, nor did she give any consideration as to how i was to carry them, she just said "those are the two i wanted you for jimmy.", and walked over to pay for them. The weight of them had me crucified, i only got about 10 yards from the shop before i had to hail a taxi, not only were they heavy but they were awkward rectangular shaped boxes and impossible to get a grip on, unless you had arms like an orangutan, anyway we got them home and i'm sure i would have pulled a muscle if i had any left to pull. I asked her why she didn't ask the shop to deliver them, she said they were too busy and couldn't guarantee delivery before christmas, "better to be safe than sorry, besides they charge too much for delivery." "oh it's far cheaper by taxi, is it?, especially when i'm paying for it.'
i've had my dinner now and i'm not doing another tap for the rest of the day, herself says the look on my face trying to carry the boxes was priceless, i'm glad someone got a laugh out of it, women, ain't they just great, i think she had it all planned.
jem you're a gentleman and a scholar.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 11:58 AM

Yesterday I went to a senior citizens Christmas lunch and we ended up singing carols accompanied by a dear 80 year old. I had no idea she could play the piano.

Words were given out on songsheets but hardly anyone lookeed at them. After a lifetime of singing these favourite carols, they sang mostly from memory.

I have never been a fan of carols, or Christmas itself come to think of it, but I couldnt help thinking how carefully constructed were the words, succinct and descriptive. Each one giving different aspects of the Christmas Story in an easy to understand form.

SEasons Greetings chums.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 05:52 PM

Today I had a tough day, everything seemed to be going against me for some reason. First the bloodly aluminium ladder wouldn't unfold for me, two sections were alright but the last one was jammed tight, I had to get the can of oil out of the shed and wait until it soaked into the joints to ease it up, when I eventually scaled up to get at the top windows, I had to get back down again to get my cloth, work began and I was humming away to myself merrily when I heard someone shout my name, it was the wife's Sister Maisie, I got down again and let her into the house as the wife was out "She won't be long Maisie, just gone around the corner for fresh milk, take off your coat and make yourself a cup of tea, I've got to do the windows." I got back up the ladder and resumed my cleaning, five minutes later Maisie sticks her head out the hall door "Jimmy, you have no milk." I got down again, went to the fridge and handed her a tin of condensed milk saying that's all we had until the wife gets back, knowing her I wouldn't be holding my breath. "I can't stand that stuff Jimmy, is that all you have?" Yes I said and got up the ladder again, I was going to say beggars can't be choosers put didn't. Half an hour later I had the front windows done and just as I was folding the ladder to put it away the wife walks up the passage, "Maisie is inside waiting for the milk." I told her. "Don't tell me you left her sitting all on her own in the house?, have you no respect for visitors?.
They wonder why you take a drink!, if I didn't I'd be climbing up walls in the nuthouse, I rest my case.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Make sure you oil your ladders first then and check the milk situation just in case.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2012, 06:09 PM

To hell with the ladders Hazel, I'm well oiled now and ready to go.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

20-12-2012, 10:44 PM

My two grandsons are in a school play this evening, a modern version of the Cinderella story, the wife and daughter have gone up to the school hall to see them, I am under strict orders from the boys to stay away, they say they would feel embarrassed if they knew I was in the audience and I would start slagging them when they got home...ME!, NEVER!, where did they get that notion from I wonder, shame on ye little boys of little faith.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

21-12-2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My two grandsons are in a school play this evening, a modern version of the Cinderella story, the wife and daughter have gone up to the school hall to see them, I am under strict orders from the boys to stay away, they say they would feel embarrassed if they knew I was in the audience and I would start slagging them when they got home...ME!, NEVER!, where did they get that notion from I wonder, shame on ye little boys of little faith.
I had that off my 2 Grandsons, mind you 1 says he'll never introduce me to any of girls friends and the other says don't worry Grandma I'll send you a video of my wedding, and pictures of the children, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the future (15/13) BTW I get a big kiss when I leave and they have to bend over to do it and I'm no short shanks.
The Grandaughter says she's not getting married anyway, she's leaving home as soon as pos and coming to live with me. Oh Bubbles!!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 03:25 PM

.....been to the doctors, it was very busy there.
I've had a bloodshot eye and this morning it looked awful - no white showing She looked at my leg too and said it is hot - so I'm on antibiotics - oh joy! No booze for me for a week
I'll just finish them in time for a glass of something to see in the New Year
Met our nurse while there, hugs and kisses in reception such a lovely young woman.
I've been told to rest my leg so looks like I'll have to sit in the armchair for the rest of the day

Page 104 of 391 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top