Join for free
Page 105 of 391 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 03:58 PM

Re: Today I have .........

I've spent all day preparing for 7 guests for dinner tomorrow, in between people popping in for one thing or another. Then the bad luck hit, all my under cupboard lights stopped working, they all work independently of each other but not one will work. Mr Clumsy has been poking around checking wires and stuff, but no luck. I'll have to get an electrician after Christmas, I know it's no great upset but those lights are so useful and already I'm missing them whilst working in the kitchen.

Other than that it's been a lovely sunny day (not that I've seen it, been too busy) and tonight off to the Swedish neighbours for dinner.

I hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow whatever you are doing or wherever you will be.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
.....been to the doctors, it was very busy there.
I've had a bloodshot eye and this morning it looked awful - no white showing She looked at my leg too and said it is hot - so I'm on antibiotics - oh joy! No booze for me for a week
I'll just finish them in time for a glass of something to see in the New Year
Met our nurse while there, hugs and kisses in reception such a lovely young woman.
I've been told to rest my leg so looks like I'll have to sit in the armchair for the rest of the day
Sorry to hear that Janela, and what a time not to have a tipple, still you'll be right as rain for the new year.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 04:52 PM

I've had a bloodshot eye and this morning it looked awful - no white showing She looked at my leg too and said it is hot - so I'm on antibiotics - oh joy! No booze for me for a week
Met our nurse while there, hugs and kisses in reception such a lovely young woman.
I've been told to rest my leg so looks like I'll have to sit in the armchair for the rest of the day
Oh dear Jan,did the doctor say what it was?

I hope you are still able to enjoy your Christmas ..... you'll just have to line up the bottles until the New Year!

Have a lovely time!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Oh glory be, what a time to be ill, I dont like Christmas so it wouldnt be a bother but poor you. Never mind have a hell of a time at New Year Annie.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 06:30 PM

Oh dear Janela I had the same problem with my eye last Christmas when of course no doctors were open . It was an extension to a chest infection

I hope your eye is better soon, I fund bathing mine in a mild saline solution helped ...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 10:19 PM

Thanks people much appreciated.
I've had a slight chest infection, Meg which left me with a cough. The doctor said it was a broken blood vessel, probably caused through coughing or a sneeze - which I have also been doing.
I admit, I was quite concerned this morning - the cellulitis worries me. I've had it once in my ear and I was concerned about my eye. The doctor was very kind and told me to come back as an emergency, before the pills were finished, if I was at all concerned.
But, not to worry, I'm on antibiotics now, so all will be fine in a week
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 02:05 PM

Today I'm relaxing, watching the racing on TV and drinking coffee, no booze today for me thank you very much. I took this photo yesterday of Rocky the dog in his santa suit, he looks mortified God help him but he made up for it afterwards by stuffing himself with turkey and ham, he was in great form today after his walk.

Also in the photo from the left, Daughter in law, Son, Daughter and wife Phyllis.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Lovely to see your family Jem , I like your wife's Santa jumper, very festive
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 04:11 PM

What a lovely, happy family photo, Jem

You had a nice steady hand when you took that!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2012, 05:46 PM

A lovely photo Jimmy. Love the jumper too Meg Very fashionable at the moment (so my grandaughter informed me)

Page 105 of 391 « First < 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top