Join for free
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Re: The Racist Labour Party - Why Are We Not Surprised

I first became aware of Judenhaas when I heard my father talking with my cousin who had returned from fighting the Brits in Israel. Thereafter I noticed Judenhaas amongst some of the kids I played with, that was 69 years ago. I know it was then because it was at my birthday party.

That set me to find out why we were filth and should be burned and all that good stuff.

Over the years I learned a great deal. The more that I learned the sadder I became because of the utter stupidIty and nonsense Judenhaas is based on.

Mind, I picked up a fair selection of bloody good jokes in the process!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:13 PM

Do you know Todger ... I wasn't especially bothered one way or the other about Jews or Muslims twenty, fifteen or even ten years ago. Never gave much thought to them.

Then all the ME problems landed like a vast steaming heap of sloppy diarrhoetic stuff in Europe and the UK with hundreds of thousands of refugees and the odd gory terrorist attack thrown in.
We should never have got involved in the ME. We reaped what we sowed, as they say.

Even so I reckon Muslims and Jews are as bad as each other. Especially toward each other.
As a Westerner, understandably, I dislike Muslims more due to their terrorist activities but it doesn't follow that I should then like or support Israel because of that. Afterall, they too had their own terrorist arm who killed and butchered innocent people.

Both are convinced they have a genuine axe to grind against the other. Both hate each other. Both will fight to the bitter end. Both are pretty archaic in many ways.
Tribal in their perceptions.
You can't admire or identify with any victor, or victim come to that, if they treat their enemies like dirt.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Do you know Todger ... I wasn't especially bothered one way or the other about Jews or Muslims twenty, fifteen or even ten years ago. Never gave much thought to them.

Then all the ME problems landed like a vast steaming heap of sloppy diarrhoetic stuff in Europe and the UK with hundreds of thousands of refugees and the odd gory terrorist attack thrown in.
We should never have got involved in the ME. We reaped what we sowed, as they say.

Even so I reckon Muslims and Jews are as bad as each other. Especially toward each other.
As a Westerner, understandably, I dislike Muslims more due to their terrorist activities but it doesn't follow that I should then like or support Israel because of that. Afterall, they too had their own terrorist arm who killed and butchered innocent people.

Both are convinced they have a genuine axe to grind against the other. Both hate each other. Both will fight to the bitter end. Both are pretty archaic in many ways.
You can't admire or identify with any victor, or victim come to that, if they treat their enemies like dirt.
I can go along with all of that.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

In the case of the Irgun et al they really were freedom fighters. It's not a case of one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter the Irgun really WERE freedom fighters. If the Brits had not had to be kicked out the likelihood of the Jewish state might never have been established.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
You only keep disagreeing with me because I'm from Yorkshire. You are an anti-Yorkshireist.

It’s your misfortune to be born on the wrong side of the penines
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In the case of the Irgun et al they really were freedom fighters. It's not a case of one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter the Irgun really WERE freedom fighters. If the Brits had not had to be kicked out the likelihood of the Jewish state might never have been established.
Irgun were freedom fighters ?....
Sometimes I worry about you Todger.

What had kicking the Brits out got to do with the Deir Yassin massacre in 1948.

It was horrendous. Appalling. And totally indefensible.
How can you be proud of a street fight in a small village of 600 where 107 Palestinian Arabs were slaughtered. Executed. Their corpses thrown into a large pit.

Yes ... I suppose if one chooses to support Irgun one would have to laud them as freedom fighters rather than murderers... presumably not unlike the Muslims who protest about France's Islamaphobia and run around shooting priests. They believe it's all justifiable, all for the greater good

And as to the establishment of the Jewish State?

If it hadn't been for the Holocaust and a global outpouring of horror and demands for restitution of some kind ... there would never have been an Israel with some of the misguided support it receives today.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good response, I reluctantly have to admit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Muddy! I had no idea that you are a Lanky.
I do apologise. I shall make allowances for you in future.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's nothing heroic about booby trapping bodies on gallows with a nail bomb so when British soldiers tried to take them down they were slaughtered too.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

31-10-2020, 09:55 PM

Thanks Annie ... I was beginning to think I was the only one who found it appalling.
I must be too thin skinned.

Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top