Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Re: Anyone here had their appendix out?

You'll have to learn to be an expert cook, starting from scratch with all natural ingredients - it's not so difficult and there must be 'all natural' cookbooks
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 08:15 PM

I'm a great believer in natural, preferably organic, foods, and home made rather than bought with exceptions, of course. Who knows what a lifetime of eating all those additives and preservatives do to our bodies?

Are you cooking for yourself only, Azz? If you like Chinese, stir fries are easy, quick, healthy and simple to adapt to single servings.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Calcium is not a bad supplement to take Azz especially if you are not drinking milk or eating cheese. It should be taken in combination with Vitamin D though, otherwise it doesn't get absorbed well.

If you are not happy with your GPs prescription you could try finding a herbalist locally. I wonder whether being on a detox diet for any length of time is good? Surely it is meant as a short term "detox"?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Have you done any research on the 'Stone Age Diet' Azz. It seems much more natural and, err, appropriate /that which human bodies sort of evolved into eating, than other elimination regimes I have seen and is far less restrictive.
There's a strong way of thinking that the introduction of farming, leading to both cereal and dairy entering the diet was probably not a terribly good thing, in terms of healthy eating items which we are best designed to deal with.
Link
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Will take a look thanks DM - looks right up my street! And thanks to everyone for their concern and help - you are all so caring *hug*
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Good luck with the investigations Azz.
Just thought I would tell you that I am one of the appendixless members!
In fact my hubby says he is divorcing me because I am only half the woman he married.
I have no tonsilles,no appendix, no Gall bladder, no womb, no ovaries and an artificial hip
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 07:43 PM

Bless you Nippy! In what order did you 'get rid' of em?
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Bless you Nippy! In what order did you 'get rid' of em?
In that order Azz.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

13-08-2009, 08:23 PM

lol
dinahsmum
SW England

27-08-2009, 01:37 PM

How's the tum now Azz? Any improvement?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top