Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 03:29 PM

Re: Crochet or knitting anyone,

I have just got my knitting needles out after many years. I recently had a gr-granddaughter and am expecting another one at any moment, so this has given me the incentive.
This was my first soft cuddly that I made and of course have to do everything in 2's.

I am also teaching myself to crochet so must find a use for the usual starters granny squares.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I have just got my knitting needles out after many years. I recently had a gr-granddaughter and am expecting another one at any moment, so this has given me the incentive.
This was my first soft cuddly that I made and of course have to do everything in 2's.

I am also teaching myself to crochet so must find a use for the usual starters granny squares.
That's lovely

I bought some wool and needles a couple of year's ago to make a cat blanket but everything is still in the ottoman.

Would love to be able to cross - stitch like George. Again I bought a very small square to have a go, many year's ago, but it went in the bin when we moved without even starting it.
allottment
warwickshire
allottment is female  allottment has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 08:10 PM

I also have joined local U3A craft group and someone is going to teach how to crochet at our next meeting hope I can master it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 09:07 PM

First of all, no I can't knit or crochet. Well, when I say I can't knit, I tell a little lie. Many years ago I knitted a matinee jacket for my little nephew, a silly long scarf, and a yellow and brown tea cosy. Was chuffed with myself for following two patterns (the scarf was easy).

Over the years I've kept some wool and the needles and think to myself I would do some more but I much prefer reading, if I'm honest! I also bought some crochet needles but never started that either. Or did it? Doubting meself now.

Bought little cross stitch patterns but never started them. We have a Hobbycraft near me and I love popping in to look at things but I'm lazy when it comes to actually making anything.

Oh, and I keep meaning to join two local U3A groups.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2015, 11:07 PM

Been knitting owls:
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Been knitting owls:
Love them!! It's hard to see the detail, so would love to have seen them a bit bigger.
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2015, 03:51 PM

They are lovely Twizard, what yarn are they knitted in. I crochet but don't knit unless I have to.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 02:36 PM

I used to knit a lot when younger and my kids had hand-knitted jumpers, cardigans etc. However, the next generation didn't want hand-knits. I have made a few things for myself but the last item I tried to knit I lost interest in so gave it up as a bad job.

I enjoy cross stitch too, that's a beautiful sampler GW, I can see there's some work in that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Freshfields ->
They are lovely Twizard, what yarn are they knitted in. I crochet but don't knit unless I have to.
Tinsel yarn and eyelash wool. I've just finished a Smurf a Smurf hat, two parrots, now knitting a wombat!
I was knitting a waistcoat for middle daughter using a vintage pattern but, it started at the shoulders and it put me right off, knitted upside down!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Tinsel yarn and eyelash wool. I've just finished a Smurf a Smurf hat, two parrots, now knitting a wombat!
I was knitting a waistcoat for middle daughter using a vintage pattern but, it started at the shoulders and it put me right off, knitted upside down!
Was it an Australian pattern, Twiz?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top