Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

02-08-2015, 11:03 PM

Would love to meet likeminded walkers, strollers etc

I've been trying to find a social hub on the net, for visiting a museum/place of interest etc., walking/rambling etc., finding such a group. You'd think it was easy with the web, but not so it seems - I'd hope if anyone here would like to start with a pub meet as long as they're friendly and fairly easy-going/friendly... what say you?!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Re: Would love to meet likeminded walkers, strollers etc

Hi psmiddx, there's a lot of Londoner's on this site that might be able to help.. hope you find what your looking for
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

02-08-2015, 11:53 PM

Thank you Sue, for the help in that direction, hope you're well ;o)
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 02:50 AM

Something I wish I could find as well. It's just hard finding people of a certain age that like to hike long distance...and the much younger people leave me in the dust.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 06:59 AM

Join the U3A! Just Google it and find a branch near to you, they cover most activities from ukelele playing to Spanish - gardening to history, walking, travel, faith, line dancing - you name it. You can even start your own group if that's your thing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 07:58 AM

I'd love to go walking/strolling with you if I lived nearer... However I think you'll find all you're looking for if you join the U3A as eccles suggested... They have walking groups, art groups, lunch clubs - lots of different activities.
It stands for University of the Third Age. For the older generation. Let us know if you find what you're looking for.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 09:07 AM

I never did get round to joining the U3A. Time just went away with me...
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

04-08-2015, 11:39 PM

Thanks for your nice replies and help on this, much appreciated!!! ;o))) Do say hi, make friends anytime, you're all welcome ;o))) x
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Something I wish I could find as well. It's just hard finding people of a certain age that like to hike long distance...and the much younger people leave me in the dust.
Thank you Ophelia, it seems a little elusive at times when it should be easier/actually see people looking like they're on a social/arranged visit!
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 12:27 AM

That's very nice, thank you for the advice Eccles, ;o))))))))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top