Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Re: Would love to meet likeminded walkers, strollers etc

There is already such a club. Used to be called The Ramblers Association, now simply 'Ramblers'. Tends to attract people of 'a certain age'; walks are not very strenuous, and have groups all over the country so there is bound to be one near you.

The Backpackers Club do what the name implies, carry their lightweight camping equipment to both hike and camp overnight. Again, are of 'a certain age', and attract people who find that their old companions have given it up, and they want someone to go with. So it's not a serious mountaineering club by any means, they choose easy civilised routes at a reasonable pace, and distances are not set beforehand, they are agreed at on the day by those taking part

When I say 'they' I really mean 'we' as I have been a member since 1998, and I thoroughly enjoy it. I had been put off a couple of clubs by their clubbish & cliquish attitude, but I have found the Backpackers Club to be very friendly & welcoming, and not at all elitist.

www.ramblers.org.uk

www.backpackersclub.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top